270 WSM in an AR

I what mags are you using? what is your see oal length? Did you window any of your mags
Standard 20 round pmags without modification. Hold 7 rounds and feed without any issues. COL with them is 2.82. No windowed mags just standard.

Most of the negative info I read was from 10+ years ago. My research has led me to taking the chance. Im excited about it. It will put me at around 17 different calibers on ar platform. A lot of them were also on the negative nay sayers list. Hahahaha

Most of the negative info I read was from 10+ years ago. My research has led me to taking the chance. Im excited about it. It will put me at around 17 different calibers on ar platform. A lot of them were also on the negative nay sayers list. Hahahaha
I forget the name of the gun manufacturer that Bushmaster bought out. They had just about every magnum cartridge available in an AR frame. They had too many warranty claims and bailed out. Not all cases are meant to be used in a Semi-Automatic rifle, especially if they don't cycle well or have an inferior design. Look at how many Magnum cartridges Bushmaster has in their sales arsenal now ? I rest my testimony. If I were to build an AR-10 derivative in a Magnum frame. The only two cases I would use would be SAUM based SST (Sherman Short Tactical) or a Blaser 7mm Magnum case. Both cases will cover the realm of short and standard long action AR- style rifles respectively, with long high B.C. bullets. I will say one good thing about the .270 Berger EOL 170 grain hunting bullet, it has an optimum bearing surface length, but it still will not outperform a 7mm Berger
180 grain Hybrid, and the 270 EOL needs a custom twist barrel. Good luck, Sir.

i think if you check that the uppers were cracking. they gave up. as i recall rock river bought the line, fixed the design error and mover on, no issues.
I forget the name of the gun manufacturer that Bushmaster bought out. They had just about every magnum cartridge available in an AR frame. They had too many warranty claims and bailed out. Not all cases are meant to be used in a Semi-Automatic rifle, especially if they don't cycle well or have an inferior design. Look at how many Magnum cartridges Bushmaster has in their sales arsenal now ? I rest my testimony. If I were to build an AR-10 derivative in a Magnum frame. The only two cases I would use would be SAUM based SST (Sherman Short Tactical) or a Blaser 7mm Magnum case. Both cases will cover the realm of short and standard long action AR- style rifles respectively, with long high B.C. bullets. I will say one good thing about the .270 Berger EOL 170 grain hunting bullet, it has an optimum bearing surface length, but it still will not outperform a 7mm Berger
180 grain Hybrid, and the 270 EOL needs a custom twist barrel. Good luck, Sir.

Like i said. From my research, looks promising. Been researching it for well over a year. I would love for it to be a 7mm wsm but just can't use those long 180 i love in my 7rm. I'll have to use a little shorter fatter but heavier pills. Probably like the 200 ab.

Like i said. From my research, looks promising. Been researching it for well over a year. I would love for it to be a 7mm wsm but just can't use those long 180 i love in my 7rm. I'll have to use a little shorter fatter but heavier pills. Probably like the 200 ab.

May I suggest a 7mm Blaser Magnum with a Berger 180 gr. Hybrid in a Standard Long action frame with a COAL of 3.340". It will do 3050-3080 fps without high pressure. You do have to use a good tunable gas block, though. It is a ~1.53" bullet and it will seat the beginning of the boat-tail at the neck and shoulder junction without untoward violation of the powder case. Usable case capacity is
~76.25 grains or 81 grains if IMP. The case is ideal length at 2.35". Neck it down to .277 and you could have a custom .270 Blaser Magnum to shoot Berger EOL with appropriate twist barrel. Why build a specialty rifle, if you can't shoot best for caliber bullets ?

I put this carbon barreled 300 WSM together a couple years ago and have had no issues with it. I dont see any reason why a 270WSM would be any different. One of the easyiest wasy to make them run is by using a SLR adjustable gass block and a JP Buffer system with the heaviest weights. I just moded normal 308 mags and it never has any issues.
I was also told this should not and could not be done effectively...
300wsm-ar10-3-jpg.90156

I put this carbon barreled 300 WSM together a couple years ago and have had no issues with it. I dont see any reason why a 270WSM would be any different. One of the easyiest wasy to make them run is by using a SLR adjustable gass block and a JP Buffer system with the heaviest weights. I just moded normal 308 mags and it never has any issues.
I was also told this should not and could not be done effectively...
300wsm-ar10-3-jpg.90156
How much does she weigh?