27 Nosler

Let me get this straight you guys are coming out with a 150gr .277 bulldozer 2. I was going to use the 140gr in my 27 Sherman mag but now I really want the 150gr lol.
The one thing that I would recommend you do is be sure you have a 1:7 twist barrel, that way you can use either bullet. We don't know yet how this new bullet will turn out until we test it, but it certainly will be longer than the 140 which means it will need a tighter twist barrel. Whatever the final design it will have the highest BC of all .277 cal bullets on the market yet still light enough to get 3000+ fps MVs from the larger capacity cartridges while still retaining the superior penetration of all copper construction.

I've never had a wildcat cartridge before and am clueless when it come to necking things down and fireforming. The 270/300wm really interests me though because I have alot of quality 300wm brass already. So how hard is it to make the brass for a 270/300wm for a guy that's never done it before?
It's not "Rocket Surgery" Once you do it you will be hooked, People will call it a money pit etc! But If you enjoy reloading, It's just taking things a step further and it's a lot of fun and a little bit more work, Especially if you create your own cartridge.

The one thing that I would recommend you do is be sure you have a 1:7 twist barrel, that way you can use either bullet. We don't know yet how this new bullet will turn out until we test it, but it certainly will be longer than the 140 which means it will need a tighter twist barrel. Whatever the final design it will have the highest BC of all .277 cal bullets on the market yet still light enough to get 3000+ fps MVs from the larger capacity cartridges while still retaining the superior penetration of all copper construction.
So which barrel manufacturer do you recommend for a 7 twist. I can only find two that even offer a 7 twist .277?

Thanks guys. Nice looking bullet. How would you compare hydrostatic shock to a cup/ core bullet?
As good or better with superior penetration. We shot a Blue Wildebeest at 482 yds with a 150 BD (first generation) hit it in the high shoulder to base of the neck, the animal dropped in its tracks and the bullet passed through. On processing the spine was not hit, bullet passing through muscle only. The spinal cord must have been severely bruised and instantly dysfunctional because of the bullet passing closely underneath the spine. Video posted on UTube as Badlands150 Bulldozer vs Blue Wildebeest.

Last edited:
I am sure there are more, but X-caliber and Preferred barrels make 1:7" 5R, and McGowen and CarbonSix also make 1:7." I have an X-caliber in .26 cal 1:7" 5R and McGowen .25 cal 1:7" and they have been a shooter. I have the CarbonSix in .33 cal 1:8" but have not shot it yet.
Which one is better Preferred or McGowan?

Incredible stuff!! Space age 270's shooting faster and heavier bullets that my old 270 Roy !!! WOW !!! You Kids are amazing!!
Makes a regular 270 look like a pellet gun but then again, a regular 270 don't need a super-fast twist and barrels last nearly forever.
Still the draw of a fast 270 does sound interesting