26 Nosler Wildcats - 27 Nosler

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
On their way, should be any day now.
Thank you so much sir.

I will figure them into the loading and testing plan ASAP. Most likely chance to generate data is more than a week.

Work is a 4 letter word. oops so is word, oops so is oops.

Wow 2 weeks since I've been able to do anything.

Marshal of Matrix Bullets was so kind to send me some of the heavy weight VLDs.

For the 27 he sent 165s.

The dimensions are very nice, boat tail angle and ogive.

The next series will include the 165s, Nosler 130 e-Tips and TTSX 130.

QuickLoad says I should make 3200fps from this 24" barrel. So far the barrel has proven to be on the fast side so with the ~100fps slow, making 3300fps with a .277 165 is not out of the question.

cant wait for your results. smith said april maybe for mine. the 165 matrix sitting here waiting never had any luck with e-tip tried them in .284 and .308 pressure real early. you going to try the new imr powders

cant wait for your results. smith said april maybe for mine. the 165 matrix sitting here waiting never had any luck with e-tip tried them in .284 and .308 pressure real early. you going to try the new imr powders
I got everything done but charging and seating the bullets.

I got distracted by the 375 CheyTac. gun)

I have 2 of the new IMR powders, 4166 and 4451 but not the 7977. I also have Reloader 23 and 26. Just got to work them up. They are new so I have to go old school for figuring out loads.

I don't care for e-Tip either but this part of the project is load work up, not use.

Any new info on the 165 matrix?
My chronograph and pressure sensor took a dump in the last round of testing. I'm waiting for them both be back. Pressure Trace II was in the mail on it's way back later the day it arrived. The MagnetoSpeed guys haven't even called me.

Have fun with the vld's for hunting. I built a 7mm Ultra- 6.5 (Nosler 26) before there was such a thing. Super accurate bullets and very stable with 3500 fps off the muzzle 1-8 twist. Inside 400 yards they explode and just crater the animal. Shot 3 whitetails all same result. No internal damage. Built a 375 Ultra-35 same results. Love them but can't conciesly hunt with them any more. Had to go to a swift sherocco II in the 6.5 and a barnes TTSX in the 35.

I know this is an older thread I'm just wondering if the 165's ever got tested and what the results were?
I did run Matrix 165 VLDs. Went pretty well too. Going fast enough to stabilize in a 10 twist at sea level.

What info are you looking for?

you should get 3150-3200 depending on barrel length. the 165 matrix are very accurate and hold up at close range high velocity impacts. while hog hunting last fall was getting full penetration 35-225 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.