27 Nosler

What's overall weight with scope ? I've had dialogue with a member that went with .0870 throat. If I remember correctly it for a 170 Berger. Don't know if it's above or below the neck shoulder junction. Looking at this configuration for my next barre. Bartlein states 10/12 months for a 8 twist. What twist for the 48?

Rifle is 7LBS bare with 5x25 atacr rifle 9.25 LBS
Plenty lite in my book not old enough to need a 6lb scooed
Hunting rig my 338-378 is 15LBS and packs fine I even built
It that way for comfort shooting

What's overall weight with scope ? I've had dialogue with a member that went with .0870 throat. If I remember correctly it for a 170 Berger. Don't know if it's above or below the neck shoulder junction. Looking at this configuration for my next barre. Bartlein states 10/12 months for a 8 twist. What twist for the 48?
Check out that link I posted and scroll down to the 27!$-: all the info
It comes with a 8 twist,
I think they are using proof which are great barrels. You've got like 5 great carbon fiber options
-Proof
-Bartlein
-BenchMark
-Carbon6 ( 600$'barrel, spend another 275$ &'l the barrel will come prefit for the nosler action with muzzle threads and chambered)

-Hells canyon armory which offers a 1:7.5 twist setup! I've got 2 of these on order for a build and almost there with the factory barrel
(Mike also issues Benchmark Blanks typically I believe & his wrap process is one of the best out there period.)

Helix 6 which your gonna lay pay 200-450$ More but I think helix 6 makes the highest quality carbon fiber barrel in the market & they are supposed to have 27 cal barrels ready to go the fall
If your having trouble finding one in stock in me for a 24" proof back up in the closet I will sell you

Nosler 21 seems a well put together rifle and comes in 27 nosler. Have seen them up on gunbroker

Lou

the 21 is just as good of a shooter they have actually had factory rifles shooting in the .3's and .2's
I only prefer the 48 for larger style stock for ELR/long range. The 21 barrel channe/ &!stock is too small to go carbon fiber so if your good with staying steel maybe the most be the most accurate Factory rifle in the price range & the mack bros evo action is supposed to run like butter.
I've seeen them selling in the low 2k$s as well

the 21 is just as good of a shooter they have actually had factory rifles shooting in the .3's and .2's
I only prefer the 48 for larger style stock for ELR/long range. The 21 barrel channe/ &!stock is too small to go carbon fiber so if your good with staying steel maybe the most be the most accurate Factory rifle in the price range & the mack bros evo action is supposed to run like butter.
I've seeen them selling in the low 2k$s as well
So the 48 and 21 both run 8 twist? With different view points on the steel and carbon, is the carbon stiffer at 26" compared to steel and is there any weight difference? I have read comparisons on this site but I have not utilized a carbon to be informed personally. Is the price the worth the gain? Life is good with so many choices. When my brother and I hunted in Sheffield Tx. He used 270 win and made amazing cross canyon shots. The N27 can only be that much better.

Are you stuck on a 27 Nosler? Have you considered a 270 Weatherby? They have quite a few nice rifles right now and threaded so you can put whichever brake you'd like on it.

Are you stuck on a 27 Nosler? Have you considered a 270 Weatherby? They have quite a few nice rifles right now and threaded so you can put whichever brake you'd like on it.
I have two 270 Weatherby, one a Ruger 1. I have a 280ai. But I do like the 270.

Concerning the 270 Weatherby V. The Weatherby Company does not use a faster twist on their barrels. As told only the 10 twist in 2 or 3 conture for the 270. I would have to go with another barrel maker for faster twist. So 27 Nosler would be something new. I just don't know which brass case manufacturers form the brass? I don't think ADG forms the 27 n brass I could be wrong. They do the 30 n. The Nosler BT 270 in 140/150 have taken down many deer since the late eighties.

So the 48 and 21 both run 8 twist? With different view points on the steel and carbon, is the carbon stiffer at 26" compared to steel and is there any weight difference? I have read comparisons on this site but I have not utilized a carbon to be informed personally. Is the price the worth the gain? Life is good with so many choices. When my brother and I hunted in Sheffield Tx. He used 270 win and made amazing cross canyon shots. The N27 can only be that much better.
I'm a weatherby fan two all my rifles are either a nosler or weatherby caliber besides 375 cheytac and 400!warlord the new backcountry carbon is a great shooter as well and 3/4LB less than the m48 nosler which is a light weight rifle.

The 27 nosler
Leaves everything else 27 in the dust and is without a doubt the most efficient 27 cal cartridge.
As for the barrels steel is good i just went carbon haven't looked back. Carbon is better. But a helix 6 that is twice the price of a good steel barrel is not twice the barrel.
As for weight if you take a stainless #4 rem/Varm barrel compared to a carbon wrapped rem/Varm barrel the carbon will come in at roughly 55-66% of the steel weight. A 3LB 26" steel barrel vs a 26" 3LB carbon fiber barrel the carbon will be much more rigid as well faster cooling atleast with the brands I've used ( proof, Barrlein, Benchmark & Helix6).

The 27 8 twist
Aren't as
Common on here but there
Are new carbons for sale on here everyday
And HellsCanyonArmory has 27 8 twist in heavy hunter and light hunter (sendero & sendero Lite)

The 27N was at one time the next build for me to get the performance with heavier higher BC bullets. An earlier suggestion was fast twist .270Win as alternative which is what I also did last year. The results were far better than I could have imagined. This build was also result of a lot of .270AI review but I decided to go straight cartridge first. I ran quite a few test ladders and 170EOL topped over 3,000 fps with RL26 which is somewhat close to 27N with about 20 grains less powder.

The build was on 700LA which provides very long COAL to seat longer higher BC bullets. Preferred Barrel nailed the freebore I requested to accommodate the longer COAL, 27", 1:8tw, 5R, Light Palma, Holland heavy recoil lug, Triggertech trigger.

Is the 27N faster? Of course, but the .270Win can be upgraded significantly with faster twist, the right LA, sufficient freebore, barrel length to increase velocity without big jump in powder.

But then again, anything .270, I am all in.