27 Nosler

Gary Schmidt

I've been looking for 27 Nosler for 2 years now. Tried Browning and nosler company but they won't make me long range rifle with Hawg muzzle suppressor. If anyone out there can help me aquire one I'd be very thankful. Retired Marine with multiple shoulder surgeries on right shoulder and I shoot 270 now because of recoil and this 27 nosler would give me that heavier bullet and longer range compared to 270 and I'd have basically same recoil with Hawg muzzle suppressor.

Build you own. I have a 27 Nosler reamer print on file at JGS Precision. It is throated for the heavies. The SAMMI version does not have enough freebore to seat the 170 Bergers to the neck.
They are pricey because it is a full custom reamer and headspace gauge.
What is the freebore on your reamer print. JGS will not give out print info with permission?

I've been looking for 27 Nosler for 2 years now. Tried Browning and nosler company but they won't make me long range rifle with Hawg muzzle suppressor. If anyone out there can help me aquire one I'd be very thankful. Retired Marine with multiple shoulder surgeries on right shoulder and I shoot 270 now because of recoil and this 27 nosler would give me that heavier bullet and longer range compared to 270 and I'd have basically same recoil with Hawg muzzle suppressor.
You are looking at a significant increase in recoil over the .270wm with a 27 NOS.

If recoil and associated reinjury to your neck is really a consideration you'd probably be far better off in the long run going to a 6.5 PRC, 6.5LRM (which I shoot), or 6.5-375Ruger/3.5-300PRC which I'm going to build this year.

Another option would be to look at the 280-AI or 7RM which will give you heavier bullet options but still very tameable recoil.

I have some of the same neck issues and find the 6.5LRM to be all I really need for just about any hunting and shoot my .260's just for fun which is about the same as having a Needmore for fun and 6.5-300PRC for serious hunting.

Depending on your budget, if the 27 NOS is really what you want... .

Somehow I remembered coming across one a while back on GB.

After tuning about where did the boatail bearing surface end up in conjunction with the neck shoulder of the brass above or below? A lot of questions but I'm very interested in all the info I can obtain. I sent for all info from Jasmine at JGS but could only obtain saami dimensions for the 27 nosler.

rebarrel your current 270 with a 7 twist (for heavy monos like the 168 hammer) or 8 twist for the berger 170 EOL, 175 TSMK.

my 270 is currently sporting a 8 twist x-caliber barrel. my wife's tikka will be sporting a 7 twist whenever i get around to finishing it

After tuning about where did the boatail bearing surface end up in conjunction with the neck shoulder of the brass above or below? A lot of questions but I'm very interested in all the info I can obtain. I sent for all info from Jasmine at JGS but could only obtain saami dimensions for the 27 nosler.

Attachments

• 27 NOSLER HG.pdf
    313 KB · Views: 115
The boattail bearing surface juncture sits even with the neck shoulder juncture.
Was the C and the H line ever considered changing by .002 to .3140 ? I had a .30 cal reamer made and that was considered but that was a larger caliber. I did notice that you did change the I line from saami. I guess it's something to go over with Nathan.

This is a my favorite rifle of 6+ custom rifles and the factory m48 long range 27 nosler came shooting half moa with factory 165 ablr.
If building I would go with more throat but I was able to laid 170 Berger's and 156 Hammer Hunters off a factory rifle with their sammi spec reamer barrel…

This is a my favorite rifle of 6+ custom rifles and the factory m48 long range 27 nosler came shooting half moa with factory 165 ablr.
If building I would go with more throat but I was able to laid 170 Berger's and 156 Hammer Hunters off a factory rifle with their sammi spec reamer barrel…
What barrel length on the 48?

Recent Posts