264 Win Vs 7mmRM preference & why?

Owned a .264 for 18 years in the stock "sporter" arrangement. Killed more deer than I care to think about. Probably 2,000 rounds thru it.
Rebarreled the action for a comp gun that can hit 12" at 1200 yards.
The .264 is versatile, handy, and easy to shoot…and in a 20lb chassis there is no kick at all.

Attachments

• D29B5826-0763-442F-90E9-28B5665EFF25.jpeg
    D29B5826-0763-442F-90E9-28B5665EFF25.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 29
Owned a .264 for 18 years in the stock "sporter" arrangement. Killed more deer than I care to think about. Probably 2,000 rounds thru it.
Rebarreled the action for a comp gun that can hit 12" at 1200 yards.
The .264 is versatile, handy, and easy to shoot…and in a 20lb chassis there is no kick at all.
No **** at 20lbs

Remington asked him and the owner of Randy Custom Rifles out of Cody to design. Les was the architect of the design. Les sold it to Remington for lots of moolah. How's that grab ya? Some people just need to stay mute

Nobody asked. The information you're commenting has no pertinence to the conversation / OPs question. Your rude *** snippets are nothing but a way for you to bump your post count.

Go away

Good point. My 340 has a break, custom stock/custom build, and I only shoot 200grs (I have shot bigger than that 250s and up to 300grs and then it makes a 7 seem like a 243)😅 To be fair to the 7s, all the ones I have shot (probably a dozen different or more) were older guns with not the best stock designs as they were probably all 45yrs old now or older ( a Rem 700 or Model 70 from the 60s I'm sure kicks much harder with the same load then say a new Tikka, Howa, custom or newer 700 or 70). Since I have a couple 264s and several 300's, as at least person commented, there's only a small gap going to the 7mm and lil gain, thus I have no need for one. I'm sure you have all probably shot something that kicked pretty hard, but then the stock was changed to a more modern design and the recoil was reduced. Just one man's experience and opinion. If you wanna shoot something that stomps the shooter regardless of stock or build, try a 358 STA or a 505 Gibbs. Course they do that to the receiving end too.
I can't argue a bit about the stock playing a role. A few years ago I bought a Christensen Ridgeline in 7 mag to replace my Remington 700 sps in 7mag. Not sure about the stock itself making the difference in my scenario, but I sure do like that recoil pad on the Ridgeline. Those 2 guns were unbelievably different in the felt recoil. No brake on either

I can't argue a bit about the stock playing a role. A few years ago I bought a Christensen Ridgeline in 7 mag to replace my Remington 700 sps in 7mag. Not sure about the stock itself making the difference in my scenario, but I sure do like that recoil pad on the Ridgeline. Those 2 guns were unbelievably different in the felt recoil. No brake on either

Yeah stock makes all the difference in the world. My 7mag kicked like a mule in the factory Sendero stock. Went to a Manners EH2A and was a different ball game all together even without a brake.

This is my 7RM now. It's a dream to shoot. Runs 180 hybrids at 3k from a 24" proof barrel

DCF61284-50E2-41C7-8423-129FFC5AC3BD.jpeg

Is it rule braking to post targets and load data would like to post a little 264wm data.

Stanley,. For My Taste, the Bolts on the Wrong side and you have, a Hair too much, Yellow on the Stock,. otherwise, it's,.. AWESOME !
Seriously it,.. Looks, GOOD and,.. WELL, Done !!

Last edited:
Yeah stock makes all the difference in the world. My 7mag kicked like a mule in the factory Sendero stock. Went to a Manners EH2A and was a different ball game all together even without a brake.

This is my 7RM now. It's a dream to shoot. Runs 180 hybrids at 3k from a 24" proof barrel

View attachment 442370

It the photo shown, I'll bet that felt recoil is nutt'n….. using a 10' string to activate the trigger! 😉😂 memtb

It the photo shown, I'll bet that felt recoil is nutt'n….. using a 10' string to activate the trigger! 😉😂 memtb
Haha, it's minimal. I don't do free recoil. Rifles sits at around 11lbs as shown. The defensive edge brake Shaun did for me performs great. Rifle stays on target if your fundamentals are sound.

I agree on the stock color. Wasn't my preference but it was the only Manners in that configuration in stock and the alternative was waiting 10-12 months to order so I went with it.

Thanks for the compliments man!

My son has, a 7 PRC 24" Proof Barrel coming soon and he Plans on, shooting, the 180 ELD -M's for distance and the 175 gr. ELD-X for 300 yds or Less
IF, bullets, are close to, the SAME POI out to, 300 yds as, the ELD-X 's are a bit,.. "Tougher"

Last edited:

Recent Posts