270WSM vs 280AI vs 7mmRM

I too in kind of yoru shoes. I already have 7mmstw that shoots 160 accubonds to about 3200fps and on a perfect day to .5" the gun is built on a rem action shilen #4 26" tube and an MPI stock. Scoped a hair over 9lbs. Its killed many a critter but I am liking lighter guns and perfer to see the critter fold in the scoope so also have a 7mm-08AI just picked up and a ti custom 6.5 rem mag built by selby which looking back on it should probably sell buts its a cool gun scoped under 7 lbs. Actually thinking about having it rebarrelled to a 270wsm or maybe a 7mm wsm for packing.

Sorry got off track the STW is a wicked gun and can shoot farther than most are capable of or if like me need more magnification. I am

Sounds like a lot of fun. I choose 7mm RM because I wanted to shoot larger bullets than the .270. Now that I have one, a 280 AI sounds fun to play with. Might go for the 280AI to avoid the belted cases. However, I like velocity and you can always load down a 7mm to 280 velocities.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts