26 Nosler Wildcats - 28 Nosler (284)

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
JfSeaman,

I know what you mean about some brands of brass being soft. Here is an interesting article where several brands of brass are compared using a X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer. Unfortunately Nosler brass is not in the test.

X-Ray Spectrometry of Cartridge Brass within AccurateShooter.com

Does the spectrometer readout show the nickel cadmium (NiCad) levels compared to the phosphorous boron (PhoBo) levels? I mean, sometimes when the neohydralyzer gets confused with the diamondium sulfate and Quagmanium Radeon levels, it can throw off the Flux Capacitor.

:D

Does the spectrometer readout show the nickel cadmium (NiCad) levels compared to the phosphorous boron (PhoBo) levels? I mean, sometimes when the neohydralyzer gets confused with the diamondium sulfate and Quagmanium Radeon levels, it can throw off the Flux Capacitor.

:D

You just can't help it can ya???? LOL :)

DT

Sure it is going to mess with the flux capacitor? Or will it alter the turbo encabulator?

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a bunch of 175 Gr ABLR's the other day. Couldn't get them for months and then all my orders came in. My 28 Nosler rifle isn't here yet so I can't test them but hearing that they shoot best when held off the lands 50 thousands. Anyone done bullet seating depth work with the 175 ABLR's and the 28 Nosler?

I received a bunch of 175 Gr ABLR's the other day. Couldn't get them for months and then all my orders came in. My 28 Nosler rifle isn't here yet so I can't test them but hearing that they shoot best when held off the lands 50 thousands. Anyone done bullet seating depth work with the 175 ABLR's and the 28 Nosler?
Haven't tried the 175 ABLR but there was literally a note in the box saying the best accuracy was .050 off.

I just opened one of the boxes and mine says: "When reloading the Accubond LR bullet, Nosler ballisticians have found that loading to the maximum SAAMI overall cartridge length tends to provide the best accuracy." I haven't done the math but perhaps that equals 50 thousands.

Fred,

I was looking at your load data for the 28 Nosler, with a JLK VLD 180 with H1000 and noted that your COAL was 3.56. Is your chamber and throat cut with the standard SAAMI Version the 28 Nosler reamer or your own design? How many thousands does is your bullet off the lands? I was hoping the the reamer allowed this kind of COAL to allow use of the cases for powder.

Bruce Pooleyh

Fred,

I was looking at your load data for the 28 Nosler, with a JLK VLD 180 with H1000 and noted that your COAL was 3.56. Is your chamber and throat cut with the standard SAAMI Version the 28 Nosler reamer or your own design? How many thousands does is your bullet off the lands? I was hoping the the reamer allowed this kind of COAL to allow use of the cases for powder.

Bruce Pooleyh
Sammi submitted reamer print for the 28-Nosler. PTG print had Nosler name all over it. To tired to look for it just now.

.020 off.

All the test loads are .020 off for all the calibers and bullets. Except some of the Barnes or CEBS where it's at least .020 off but could be more.

Was plenty surprised to see the "27" Nosler dies on the shelf at a local Sportsmans Hohouse,
The 28 and 26 Nosler dies were a bit of a surprise but "27" ?

Good job RCBS !

anybody need a set mailed ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 107
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.