257 __________ ? name this wildcat

6.5 SST vs SAUM vs SS.jpg
Call it a SSST cuz thats what it is! :D Probably more 6.5x47 length.
Should work pretty well. Good luck with your venture Miles!

I won't be spilling all the beans of our little Blackjack cartridge but I was curious what the LRH crowd would dub this efficient case.

The main thing I will say about this case was that it's first priority was to efficiently reach 3200 fps in 24" barrel with our 131 ACE. This should translate to 3050 fps with our hunting bullet coming out later this year. Goat gun, match gun, deer gun, kid gun, wife gun, whatever you want gun.

I'll be shooting and testing the 25 SST mountain rifle we just built for ELR matches and Hunting Mule deer and elk, but wanted to get this prototype brass in the testing pipeline. BTW we are paying $10,000 to any 25 Caliber shooter who wins the Q Creek ELR match near Medicine Bow Wyoming. Prizes for 25 Cal shooters all the way to 20th place.

Let me know what you would call it!

View attachment 123277
25 SST for 30° and 25 SS for the 40° shoulder.
To name it anything else would be disrespectful, and intellectual theft of the Designer, Rich Sherman.

257 Yukon or 257 Oklahoma.

If you are not looking for the brand in the name of the cartridge, what better way other than the birth place.

My thoughts, with the ability to market and put a story behind the cartridge and the bullet.

Do I win a rebarrel in your new cartridge? LOL

I wish you the best!
Steve

Last edited:
You must know that the .25-06 out of a TC Encore of 26" will push a 110 Accubond at about 3600 FPS with my handloads of Retumbo…...What more do you want ….I have killed plenty with this loads...Just Killer....SO ?