Wildcat

Otto6555

Has anyone else got a 25-08? I recently purchased one and found some brass online but can't find the dies anywhere except for a couple of companies making the as special order.Don't know if it's worth the trouble or not.I already have a 25/06 and a 257roberts and a 257 Roberts Ackley improved. So if anyone has a better lead on dies I would appreciate it so much

I have a 25 Souper. Barrel is shot out, so I built a 25CM and a 25/6.5 PRC. This covers my 25 cal well.
I had 25-06 and 257 Robert/ AI too. My Souper shot as well and velocity wise as my 257 AI. My dies were made when they chambered my barrel…so that is an option.

A quick thought.

If your 'wildcat' case is simply the .308 necked down without any other changes then you can:

Buy bushing dies for .308, 7mm-08, .260 Rem and then add the proper .25 caliber neck bushing.

My suggestion would be to sell this .25-08 and get a .25 Creedmoor. Lots of factory brass and dies.

Enjoy!

:)

Contact Hornady to make you a depriming/form die. You can seat it with any 25cal die. Turn around time ain't too bad.

While looking for the 25-08 dies, do a search also for 25 Souper dies. (Souper is 308 necked to 25 caliber with no other changes.)

Another option may be to get a reamer & a set of blank dies from PT&G.
Heck, they may even have dies for that cartridge. Never hurts to look.

1694345181062.png

My other thought is to make a die to be able to push the shoulder back and change the shoulder angle to 30 degrees like the Super LR cartridge in 6mm and 6.5mm. But, since we have the 25 Creedmoor, it would merely be a duplication of factory brass which is already available.;):D