25 Creedmoor

Now you are arguing more capacity equals more velocity? Make up your mind.

I won't pretend like I know everything about this. But one observation I have made is it seems like sometimes it takes a lot more powder in the big cases to get the same velocity of a smaller case.
For example if I use 54 grains of Rl-26 in my 6.5x284 Norma I get 2950 FPS. If I use 46.5 Rl-26 in a 6.5 creed I get 3075fps same bullet same primer. The Creed has 2 inches more barrel than the 284. I assume this all due to pressure but not sure I understand why so much more powder is needed. I would appreciate an explanation if someone is so inclined. By the way I am not being snarky I honestly can't understand why it requires so much more powder.

Now you are arguing more capacity equals more velocity? Make up your mind.
In certain instances, yes. In some, no. There is a point of diminishing returns. When it comes to a small caliber w/ a high capacity, no more capacity does not always equal more velocity... With a large caliber that has low capacity, sometimes it will.

In certain instances, yes. In some, no. There is a point of diminishing returns. When it comes to a small caliber w/ a high capacity, no more capacity does not always equal more velocity... With a large caliber that has low capacity, sometimes it will.
Or it could be you like to argue for your favorites without any consideration given to common sense. Like the difference between a 25-06 and a 25-05 AI and the lack of difference between a 25 Creedmoor and a 257 Roberts AI

Or it could be you like to argue for your favorites without any consideration given to common sense. Like the difference between a 25-06 and a 25-05 AI and the lack of difference between a 25 Creedmoor and a 257 Roberts AI
If you look back and read, I have been sayin a .25 CM would be a good cartridge. I don't dislike the .257 Roberts AI at all. I actually like all of the cartridges above. So, your point is invalid.

If you look back and read, I have been sayin a .25 CM would be a good cartridge. I don't dislike the .257 Roberts AI at all. I actually like all of the cartridges above. So, your point is invalid.
Nope, my point isn't invalid. In one example you say the capacity is of little value and in another you tout the advantage of it.

Nope, my point isn't invalid. In one example you say the capacity is of little value and in another you tout the advantage of it.
That's because in some cartridges, it is, and in others it isn't. It's not something that only works in one direction. Cartridge design, capacity, and bore size all affect this factor.

No flame, just pointing out similarities:

.280 British
OAL 1.71
Base .473

.250-3000 Savage
OAL 1.912
Base .473

6.5 Creedmoor
OAL 1.920
Base .473

No they are not exactly the same.
But if you made three different rifles in one caliber (.257, .264, or .284) but using each of the above cases. Load all cases with a max powder charge, the ballistic differences could not be much. When thing are the same, physics dictates that they perform the same. What doesn't have this requirement is Marketing.

This is a modern version of the .30-30 vs .32 WCF arguments of the past.

Good luck

Jerry