25 Creedmoor

Again, 26" is about 4"" longer than a standard 22" 26/06 barrel. Put a 30" barrel on the weatherby and let's talk

Again, 26" is about 4"" longer than a standard 22" 26/06 barrel. Put a 30" barrel on the weatherby and let's talk
There is no such thing as a "standard barrel" length for any cartridge. There are common lengths that most manufacturers use, which is 24" for most non-magnum long action cartridges, but nothing is standardized. If you compare equal length barrels, the gap is virtually unnoticeable. You can't compare what's common for each, when they're not the same. That's not a fair or equal comparison.

Why would you compare a 22" barreled .25-06 to a 30" .257 Wby? That's called stacking the deck. :rolleyes:

Quick look at the Remington catalog shows 22" barrels on standard long and short actions except a few specialty guns! That's 4" shorter than 26". Just sayin!

Quick look at the Remington catalog shows 22" barrels on standard long and short actions except a few specialty guns! That's 4" shorter than 26". Just sayin!
Yeah, but Remington is not the only gun company. And they aren't exactly known for "keeping with the times". And I'm a huge Remington fan... Just saying.

Unless you're looking at ADL's and some of the SPS rifles, then I don't know why they would all have 22" barrels... Seems odd.

And yes, I'm pretty sure I know that a 22" barrel is 4" shorter than a 26" barrel. I did managed to pass rudimentary math.

• Since it was actually born a 30 caliber that flopped, it would be interesting to to see how a 30 Creedmoor was accepted.
I'd be awful tempted to try a 30tc if they decided to take another swing at it lol

Have a barrel made that fits your specs and just like that problem solved.

This 25 Creed is a Long Distance Target Application and really does have nothing in common with the 250 Savage or Bob other than Bore Size, as Barrel Twist & Length are different.

Have a barrel built to twist and barrel length you want and now they only have case dimensions and powder that are different. Unless you're talking specifically about the rifle in the video and then I see your point.

We don't disagree on much, but this is one I must disagree with. Standard .25-06 115gr loads are in the 3,200 range, the .257 Bob AI is around 2,950... The .25 CM would be right around 3K range. And the .25-06 AI is in the 3,400 range. I'd say it's closest to the .25 CM...
My uncles 257 ai bob runs 115 Nosler ballistic tips at 3080 FPS. It's totally safe in his rifle. 24 inch barrel. That's the only 257ai I've ever delt with though.

It's probably not a fair comparison to compare the 25CM to any previous 25's. The Bob and the 250 Savage were 50-55k psi cartridges and the 25-06 and 257Wby are 63k psi cartridges but have much more powder capacity.

If you were to do it apples to apples assuming equal pressures, then it is most similar to the 250-3000 improved, is it not?

That would be a 1-8 twist 28 inch 257 weatherby shooting a 130 grain high bc bullet at 3400fps

Order two! That would be a lot of fun. I do most my barrels at 26, is the extra 2 inches worth it on the 257 Weatherby? No that's what she said jokes please lol.

Recent Posts