25 Creedmoor

IMG_2123.JPG

Might be something I go for eventually, we shoot LOTS of pronghorn around here (just this year we have harvested 15 so far) and I feel like that would perform fantastic if I simply put a smaller bushing in my .260 AI die, and make a .257 AI, I'm sending 147 eld-m's at 3050, so a 131 would probably be near 3200. That would be some smack down on goats....

I think a 25-260AI would be a nice cartridge. I also think making a New Wildcat 257 is a waste of effort for any reason other that just because you want to. A 250 Savage, 257 Roberts, 25-06 Remington, plus the AI versions of those three and a 257 Weatherby have the 25 caliber covered pretty well.

I don't think I would want anything smaller than a 250 Savage or anything larger than a 257 Weatherby.

I think a 25-260AI would be a nice cartridge. I also think making a New Wildcat 257 is a waste of effort for any reason other that just because you want to. A 250 Savage, 257 Roberts, 25-06 Remington, plus the AI versions of those three and a 257 Weatherby have the 25 caliber covered pretty well.

I don't think I would want anything smaller than a 250 Savage or anything larger than a 257 Weatherby.
It is! And i highly recommend it. :D

I agree about the new wildcat thing, but look at it this way... And this is coming from someone who hates the 6.5CM because of the fake magical properties it seems to have developed thanks to the newbies... But a .257 Creedmoor would basically be the modern equivalent of the old .257 Roberts AI... And there is Lapua 6.5CM brass everywhere (and cheap Hornady brass if you don't want to pay the premium), It already has the 30º shoulder, and it's only a simple 1-step neck-down to .257... So there is no real fire-forming to do.

That being said, I can see the advantages it would have by using the CM case, versus trying to track down a .257 Bob AI reamer and then multiple necking stages (either up or down), etc...

I would actually consider building one...

Last edited:
It is! And i highly recommend it. :D

I agree about the new wildcat thing, but look at it this way... And this is coming from someone who hates the 6.5CM because of the fake magical properties it seems to have developed thanks to the newbies... But a .257 Creedmoor would basically be the modern equivalent the old .257 Roberts AI... And there is Lapua 6.5CM brass everywhere (and cheap Hornady brass if you don't want to pay the premium), It already has the 30º shoulder, and it's only a simply 1-step neck-down to .257... So there is no real fire-forming to do.

That being said, I can see the advantages it would have by using the CM case, versus trying to track down a .257 Bob AI reamer and then multiple necking stages (either up or down), etc...
I agree 100% on this basically being a 257 Roberts AI. I have a 257 Roberts AI and its pain to find brass. You can obviously make it out of other brass but cheap Hornady brass or great Lapua brass would be awesome with a 25 creed.

Next up is a 375 Creedmoor, its going to be amazing. LOL.

"With our senior engineers meticulously researched and designed cases, the 8.5 and 9.5 creedmoor take your hunting and shooting to the next level. It's sharp shoulder, and specially tapered body allows it to fit in your favorite short action rifle, while utilizing 60 and 90 grains less powder than the .338 Lapua and .375 cheytac, but maintaining the same velocity, energy, and terminal performance of the Lapua and cheytac. They also have 90% less felt recoil than either cartridge. If you want to maintain the edge this hunting season, order yours today."

Sincerely,

Hornady

"With our senior engineers meticulously researched and designed cases, the 8.5 and 9.5 creedmoor take your hunting and shooting to the next level. It's sharp shoulder, and specially tapered body allows it to fit in your favorite short action rifle, while utilizing 60 and 90 grains less powder than the .338 Lapua and .375 cheytac, but maintaining the same velocity, energy, and terminal performance of the Lapua and cheytac. They also have 90% less felt recoil than either cartridge. If you want to maintain the edge this hunting season, order yours today."

Sincerely,

Hornady
Best post ever! LMAO