25 Creedmoor

"With our senior engineers meticulously researched and designed cases, the 8.5 and 9.5 creedmoor take your hunting and shooting to the next level. It's sharp shoulder, and specially tapered body allows it to fit in your favorite short action rifle, while utilizing 60 and 90 grains less powder than the .338 Lapua and .375 cheytac, but maintaining the same velocity, energy, and terminal performance of the Lapua and cheytac. They also have 90% less felt recoil than either cartridge. If you want to maintain the edge this hunting season, order yours today."

Sincerely,

Hornady
***??? Seriously? I hope that's a joke... But with some of the magical powers I've overheard about the 6.5CM, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hornady was even starting to believe their own hype.

***??? Seriously? I hope that's a joke... But with some of the magical powers I've overheard about the 6.5CM, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hornady was even starting to believe their own hype.

Hey mud, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell ya. ;):D

Hey mud, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell ya. ;):D
I know it's a joke, but come on, that could almost be legit, considering how bad some of the things I've heard were, like "the 6.5CM can do everything the .300WM can do..." It makes you just tilt your head and turn around and walk away from a conversation like that, mid-sentence.

I believe it's more like 5. I would give up the five grains to not have to search for brass. Plus the 25 creed would be more magical...duh. Lol

Despite creativity and innovations as an excellent drivers of forward thinking and success, it still cannot satisfy every body and there will always be naysayers unfortunately. I on the other hand welcomes them, I'd rather have more options than not. Having plenty of choices is a great thing, it's what America is all about.

Despite creativity and innovations as an excellent drivers of forward thinking and success, it still cannot satisfy every body and there will always be naysayers unfortunately. I on the other hand welcomes them, I'd rather have more options than not. Having plenty of choices is a great thing, it's what America is all about.
The best thing the Creedmoor cartridge has done is create hype about shooting. I have a brother in law who has never owned a gun. With all the hype he decided to run out and buy a 6.5 Creedmoor so he could learn to shoot out to 1000 yards. It was fun to help him break it in and sight it in. After months of practice he is ringing steal at 1K. Are there other cartridges that could do this before the Creedmoor? Of course and they have been around for years. But the hype will bring in new shooters and give our sport new blood. This in turn will hopefully make more 2A supports and protect our shooting rights. BTW I love the Creedmoor and I am glad to neck it up and down. It would of course be silly to neck it up to 338 or 375 that was a joke. I hope the Creedmoor continues to bring responsible shooters into the sport and helps shooting sports in general. JMHO

@FEENIX but innovation that stoops as low as the creedmoor? No thanks! ;)

This new cartridge, though, in all seriousness, sounds pretty cool. I may need a new rifle after all!