25 06 on deer

I haven't really looked for them. Like everything else components are hard to find. All my reloading equipment is packed up presently, until I get move finely to Montana. It's here and there for now. I only have so much room in an apartment.

Montana bound. Family or just wanting new scenery. Excuse my nosiness. Does Montana have issues with the hunting tags? Anyway hope it gets you closer to good use of your 25-06. Probably want a little bigger? Never been there.

That's really interesting. My first rifle was a 25-06 and it took all my big game for years and I'll still take it on occasion just because I still love it. I've never noticed any more meat loss with it then other cartridges I've used. I personally think that's a lot to do with the bullet. I use a lot of 120 gr fuzion bullets and 117 interlocks. I love that cartridge so much. Sure it's not a bigwazbangsupermaglongrangekillinmachine but it's so traditional and it works so well in that space.

Montana bound. Family or just wanting new scenery. Excuse my nosiness. Does Montana have issues with the hunting tags? Anyway hope it gets you closer to good use of your 25-06. Probably want a little bigger? Never been there.
Been here in Montana for most of 14yrs. Our problem here wolves. I have business here in Montana. I leaving as I call it now Mexico-North aka Calif. Texas is good place too. Me being a D.A. Vet I can get a hunting license free in your state. Montana it doesn't help.
Mexico-North to many rules to hunt, and anything else. They even have laws against your shadow. Ha! Ha!
My boys all have 25/06 too. Take care!

I'd leave Cali also with the Queen of mean residing there. Been keeping up with the chat on the cx bullets they might also be an alternative to the lack of Nosler ab. I have the 10 twist with some new bullets faster twists are needed? Keeping my eyes and ears open. Always have time to gain new info.

Love the 25-06, especially in the neck on a big buck. My most accurate " sitting" rifle.
DSC_0005 (2).JPG

Try the Barnes x bullet I've been using the 25 for 37 years, killing at least one deer a season if not more, I had great luck with the Nosler partition, however I found the Barnes X bullet a even better choice, you can eat right up to the bullet hole, I shoot one deer with a Nosler ballistic tip but found as you have way to much blood shot meat,
I agree 100%