243 is to large. Wink!

Well as the brute stepped out of sight working around the slew bottom I opted to close the distance & see if he would do the same as he rounded the bottom cover. All this time the sun is setting & wind is dying down. Found myself as far as I felt comfortable going forward & in a small willow like tree. To my surprise as I snaked myself up in the willow like tree, an extremely solid rest was developed. The buck came into sight again continuing to close the distance.

Eventually he presented his full body Put his head down to sniff the ground at 254 yards per a range finder. The cross hairs were placed high the front shoulder the CZ 527 trigger was set & as things settled in solid, the trigger was touched & nothing happened. The trigger failed to fire:) Re set the trigger & settled the crosshairs again. This time when the trigger was touched there was a mild crack of the rifle going off & a thwap crack as the bullet impacted to be heard.

To my astonishment he was down & out right there. I had a deer cart back in the vehicle 3/4 of a mile back. By the time the cart was retrieved & I was back to the downed deer it was good & well dark.
Was getting really late by the time the deer had been dressed out & towed back to the rig time was near 9:00 pm. Good fortune was to be had as there was an approach I was able to back the pickup tailgate to, that placed the tailgate a bit lower than ground level. After he was properly tagged the cart was Just wheeled into the back of the rig with Tall tines on it. Secured everything forward & headed for home.

Was disappointed that lighting did not allow a photo in the field. The photo below was taken the next day.

View attachment 321745
That's a stud of a mature deer!! Congrats!!!!

The 22" Pacnor is yielding right at 2780 FPS with the 108 GR Berger Elite hunter over 29.4 gr of LVR. First time I have worked with a fast barrel, that it is this barrel seems to require roughly 1 grain less propellant than book max load. keep in mind we are comparing this 22 in barrel to Hornady's 24" test barrel.

I have loaded this bullet over heavier charges for another 100 fps or so. Reality was the accuracy deteriorated as I bumped up the load so we settled on the more accuracy friendly, brass friendly & barrel friendly load going forward.

There are still other propellants I would like to experiment with going forward. Though we work with what we have and are quite pleased to have what we have in terms of reloading components. Anyone seen anything in terms of Alliant power pro 2000 propellant in the last year or so?

Well as the brute stepped out of sight working around the slew bottom I opted to close the distance & see if he would do the same as he rounded the bottom cover. All this time the sun is setting & wind is dying down. Found myself as far as I felt comfortable going forward & in a small willow like tree. To my surprise as I snaked myself up in the willow like tree, an extremely solid rest was developed. The buck came into sight again continuing to close the distance.

Eventually he presented his full body Put his head down to sniff the ground at 254 yards per a range finder. The cross hairs were placed high the front shoulder the CZ 527 trigger was set & as things settled in solid, the trigger was touched & nothing happened. The trigger failed to fire:) Re set the trigger & settled the crosshairs again. This time when the trigger was touched there was a mild crack of the rifle going off & a thwap crack as the bullet impacted to be heard.

To my astonishment he was down & out right there. I had a deer cart back in the vehicle 3/4 of a mile back. By the time the cart was retrieved & I was back to the downed deer it was good & well dark.
Was getting really late by the time the deer had been dressed out & towed back to the rig time was near 9:00 pm. Good fortune was to be had as there was an approach I was able to back the pickup tailgate to, that placed the tailgate a bit lower than ground level. After he was properly tagged the cart was Just wheeled into the back of the rig with Tall tines on it. Secured everything forward & headed for home.

Was disappointed that lighting did not allow a photo in the field. The photo below was taken the next day.

View attachment 321745
Really nice buck, great story!

Digging the little 6 stuff. My 6/45 with 7.5 twist is shooting great with 90 eld and 95 vld. Around 25 grains of powder getting me 2600 fps out of an 18" barrel. May use it this fall on something. If not, great training fun with them and pretty cheap to load.

Digging the little 6 stuff. My 6/45 with 7.5 twist is shooting great with 90 eld and 95 vld. Around 25 grains of powder getting me 2600 fps out of an 18" barrel. May use it this fall on something. If not, great training fun with them and pretty cheap to load.

Is your 6x45 a bolt gun or AR15? sounds like a very satisfying rifle to work with.

Drew a tag for the same unit as last year, for this Fall. Look forward to getting out scouting. Deer rifle will be the 6mm Arc this fall again. Hope to give a 90 Gr E-tip a try or the Hornady 90 gr CX. Only problem With Hornady is 90 gr CX is not out yet.

Suppose the 85 gr Lehigh Defense should get serious consideration as well.

Deer rifle will defiantly be the 6mm ARC, Bullet choice is still being sorted out yet. Really hope to stay lead free.

Same rifle same hunting unit for this fall. Though as good as the elite hunter is, a lead free option is in the works. Surprised how many options we have in the way of lead free bullets these days. Anyone care to weigh in on lead free 6mm cal bullets for the 6mm ARC. Rifeling is 7.5 twist in this case.