243 is to large. Wink!

Same rifle same hunting unit for this fall. Though as good as the elite hunter is, a lead free option is in the works. Surprised how many options we have in the way of lead free bullets these days. Anyone care to weigh in on lead free 6mm cal bullets for the 6mm ARC. Rifeling is 7.5 twist in this case.
I would run a 7 to 7.75. You will need a faster twist on the solids.Since out mighty Govt is requiring NO LEAD on Public Hunting Lands...
What about the FISH ??LOL They nneed Bismuth Sinkers Now? LOL

Good looking deer. What happened on the misfire?
The CZ 527 comes standard with a set trigger. Not exactly uncommon for the set trigger to fail to fire on the shot. In the event this happens you have 2 options which include re-setting the trigger & trying again. Second you may bypass the use of the set trigger, with no set trigger. I opted to re-set the trigger & try the set-trigger again. Not only were the crosshairs settled great the first time. The second attempt was great as well.

If I had felt pressed for time Id have bypassed the set trigger. I practice both both with & without the set trigger. No doubt that I prefer the set trigger even with an occasional fail to fire.

I had developed a flinch years ago & find the set trigger has been very beneficial in terms of recognizing a flinch & avoiding the flinch going forward.

Last edited:
The CZ 527 comes standard with a set trigger. Not exactly uncommon for the set trigger to fail to fire on the shot. In the event this happens you have 2 options which include re-setting the trigger & trying again. Second you may bypass the use of the set trigger, with no set trigger. I opted to re-set the trigger & try the set-trigger again. Not only were the crosshairs settled great the first time. The second attempt was great as well.

If I had felt pressed for time Id have bypassed the set trigger. I practice both both with & without the set trigger. No doubt that I prefer the set trigger even with an occasional fail to fire.

I had developed a flinch years ago & find the set trigger has been very beneficial in terms of recognizing a flinch & avoiding the flinch going forward.
Thanks for the explanation. Glad you were ready for that eventuality.

Same rifle same hunting unit for this fall. Though as good as the elite hunter is, a lead free option is in the works. Surprised how many options we have in the way of lead free bullets these days. Anyone care to weigh in on lead free 6mm cal bullets for the 6mm ARC. Rifeling is 7.5 twist in this case.

Back when I used to host out of state hunters for deer & antelope here in Wyo, the 85grn Barnes stacked up a LOT of meat. Granted, those gents were shooting .243win. The 80grn Tipped TSX might be a fantastic option for the 6mm ARC.

There are a lot of monos out there, but these are the ones I have experience with.

t

There is also the 77grn MTH from Cutting Edge that I would recommend. Really good monos from those folks.

They also offer an 88grn MTH.

t

I would run a 7 to 7.75. You will need a faster twist on the solids.Since out mighty Govt is requiring NO LEAD on Public Hunting Lands...
What about the FISH ??LOL They nneed Bismuth Sinkers Now? LOL

7.5 Twist with this barrel. Options should be wide. No, no lead rules are forcing me to choose lead free bullet option this year. Simply like the idea of lead free bullet that may reduce the chance of lead contaminated venison. 87 grain Absolute hunter & 85 grain Controlled Chaos are both strong in the running.

Have more than one rifle tag to fill. Who knows both may get a go from this rifle before this coming season has wound up.

The 527 is a great action—with a different bolt "root" and a round receiver
Make it no secret that I am very fond of the CZ527 action & the set trigger. For two years running the 6mm ARC has been my favorite caliber for the CZ527 Action.

As for deer hunting this year, the 6mm ARC took two doe on a windy opening day of season. Each deer was taken in their bed at roughly 100 yards in each case. First doe was taken with a classic heart lung shot & went down roughly 80 yards.
Second deer offered only a neck head shot in very tall native grass. Hold felt extremely steady so the crosshairs were settled at the base of the neck, set trigger was set & when the trigger was touched the doe disappeared.

Last years bullet choice was a 108 grain Elite hunter & as mentioned earlier did a superb job. This year I settled on the 87 grain absolute hammer. Have been very satisfied with both bullets I have tried & I feel there are at least a couple dozen great hunting bullet options to choose from out their for the 6mm ARC.