243/6mm rifle build...thoughts?

For thoughts...

Picture of my targets...

Had to stop twice because of rain, the last target, shot in the rain...wind shacking my truck...

What target would you pick for your hunt?...

Bipod and a rear bag...

Lower right target is 3327fps...heavy rain and over 30 mph wind...

Attachments

• P8152676.jpeg
    P8152676.jpeg
    780.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Just pulled up my weak 115 Berger data...

Did not do any max loads...ran 3100fps with out any issues...
I just ran my 6 CM with 115 vld target using norma MRP And got 3100 with .4 accuracy. Just started at 44gr up .3 at a time and 44.9gr .4 at 3100. This is safe in my gun work up your loads. I am not responsible for your loadings or use of this info..

20230729_120811.jpg

Not too shabby for a shouldered prefit and factory ammo. I was leaning towards the 105gr bthp, but I think the 108eldm will get the nod for elk, antelope, and deer. They average right at 3020fps.

Tikka t3x w/ proof research barrel.

That's cool. Solid copper and narrow wound channels aren't for me.
Yup but they ain't too bad (solid coppers) after they blow through the shoulder (which a ELDM will not) and pound out the other side. Now if you have a nice broad side shot at both lungs, either will work. Just saying…. Shoot a bigger caliber at elk unless it's all ya have!

View attachment 487442

Not too shabby for a shouldered prefit and factory ammo. I was leaning towards the 105gr bthp, but I think the 108eldm will get the nod for elk, antelope, and deer. They average right at 3020fps.

Tikka t3x w/ proof research barrel.
imagejpeg_2.jpeg
imagejpeg_2.jpeg

Fallow buck at 300 metres on Saturday with the Sako, one shot. It's my son's rifle they're hand loads but literally zero development. Once we saw the accuracy we figured it couldn't possibly get any better LOL.

Yup but they ain't too bad (solid coppers) after they blow through the shoulder (which a ELDM will not) and pound out the other side. Now if you have a nice broad side shot at both lungs, either will work. Just saying…. Shoot a bigger caliber at elk unless it's all ya have!
I do wonder why Elk always get mentioned when they're not actually what's under discussion?? Deer sized game excluding Elk with sound shot placement are easily taken with 6mm rifles. We shoot Deer all year round no hunting restrictions not a few times per year, just saying. A poor workman blames his tools...

I'm not concerned at taking any ethical shot at any angle. I chose 6mm creed for a specific reason, shootability. Being able to control recoil in field shooting positions enough to observe bullet flight is more important to me than 38 grains of bullet weight (0.08 ounces). It's a non-issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wonder why Elk always get mentioned when they're not actually what's under discussion?? Deer sized game excluding Elk with sound shot placement are easily taken with 6mm rifles. We shoot Deer all year round no hunting restrictions not a few times per year, just saying. A poor workman blames his tools...
Couldn't agree more. I was commenting on post 146.