Thoughts on my build?

BlackSS

Any thoughts / things you would change:
Things I already have:
Stainless LH rem 700 donor action from a 300 RUM
29" Hart Sendero contour 10 twist 338 (straight fluted)
CSR 4 port muscle brake
Gre tan firing pin ***'y
Holland recoil lug
Jewell LH HVR trigger
NF steel rings and base

On order:
Manners EH1 with BDM mini chassis (CIP) - longer mag than standard Lapua mag. Not sure about this, any thoughts would be great. This is what manners recommended for an edge, so I'm sure it will be fine.

Plan on adding the DE top ring with ACI and anti cant, will order the brass and dies from DE as well.

Will be topped with a NXS 5.5-20 x 56. Hopefully final weight will be around 13-14 scoped.
Once all parts are in hand it will go to a smith for action blueprint and final assembly.

Any thoughts / things you would change:
Things I already have:
Stainless LH rem 700 donor action from a 300 RUM
29" Hart Sendero contour 10 twist 338 (straight fluted)
CSR 4 port muscle brake
Gre tan firing pin ***'y
Holland recoil lug
Jewell LH HVR trigger
NF steel rings and base

On order:
Manners EH1 with BDM mini chassis (CIP) - longer mag than standard Lapua mag. Not sure about this, any thoughts would be great. This is what manners recommended for an edge, so I'm sure it will be fine.

Plan on adding the DE top ring with ACI and anti cant, will order the brass and dies from DE as well.

Will be topped with a NXS 5.5-20 x 56. Hopefully final weight will be around 13-14 scoped.
Once all parts are in hand it will go to a smith for action blueprint and final assembly.

IIWY, I'd change all LH to RH, other than that looks pretty good to me. :D:):cool:gun)

Thanks. My biggest concern at this point is that it will function as a repeater with the parts I have selected. Would be great if anyone can confirm.

I just did a 300 RUM build off a 700 action.

My specs

PTG one piece .704 bolt
PTG Saco extractor kit
PTG speed lock firng pin assembly
PTG HD recoil lug
Jewel trigger
40 MOA NF rail
Ultra light NF rings
27" Broughton 5C Med Varmint Sporter Contour - no flutes
SSG muzzle brake
HS Sendero stock skim bedded

Smith put in a center feed WBY mag box with 3.82 inside dimension. It will barely work for my throat and loads but if I had to do it again I would go with the Wyatts extended center feed which has 3.99" inside dimension.

So you might consider an oversized (.704) one piece bolt and sell the donor factory bolt.

And you might also consider the mini M16 extractor or Saco extractor kit.

Definitely get the extended center feed mag box and follower.

I might also consider a heavier contour with a 29" barrel, especially if fluted.

Other than that it looks good to me

I like it especially the 338 barrel for the Edge...Let me ask this in return, "What do YOU think of YOUR build?"

Well, it is my first custom build. I think it is going to be an awesome gun. Just making sure nobody sees any red flags. My biggest question is whether or not it will function as a repeater with the manners mini chassis.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.