243/6mm rifle build...thoughts?

I've been wanting a 6mm of some sort, factory rifle, and stick to factory ammo for once since I load for everything else. At least I told myself factory ammo, who's kidding who. I'm still liking 6 creed, just doesn't seem to be many factory rifles that are available to me and catch my eye. I want a light and compact rifle mainly for deer, maybe up to a 10 power scope. Factory 243 win twist rates has turned me away from it.

I've been wanting a 6mm of some sort, factory rifle, and stick to factory ammo for once since I load for everything else. At least I told myself factory ammo, who's kidding who. I'm still liking 6 creed, just doesn't seem to be many factory rifles that are available to me and catch my eye. I want a light and compact rifle mainly for deer, maybe up to a 10 power scope. Factory 243 win twist rates has turned me away from it.
Ruger American Predator in 6 creed

I would go with a faster twist barrel and a 243 Ackley Improved case. You could fire form all of the ammo that you have loaded up already. Might surprise you on how well some of it might shoot. You already have the brass. I build quite a few Ackley cartridges for people. They shoot great. The cases seem to grow less between reloadings and they seem to last longer. Better velocity and they look cool to me. I am shooting a 223 AI now and with factory ammunition fire forming cases I am getting .490" at 100 yards. Kills squirrels and chucks dead. You can Ackley Improve just about anything. Just have to watch out because once in awhile you don't get much improvement over the factory ammunition. Look up the 270 for a good example. It is one that is better left alone.

Hello everyone! I'm thinking ahead a bit, but I'm considering a 6mm build in the next couple of years. I will preface this discussion with the fact that I will be building the rifle on a Remington 700 action in 243 Win. I have shot thousands of rounds out of this rifle, and it is my favorite gun. Period. I've killed prairie dogs, varmints, coyotes, deer, and antelope with it. Shot paper, steel, shotgun shell hulls, and coins with it. The thing has always been a tack driver, and I ❤️❤️❤️ it!

Anyway, my only complaint about the gun, being a factory rifle in 1-9.5 twist, is that I could not stabilize anything heavier than 95 gr pills out of it. Groing in the long range game, I've found myself leaving the gun in the cabinet in favor of my 7mm Rem mag and 308 Win.

I'm torn about what cartridge to focus on for a new build. All would have a 28 inch barrel with a 1-7" twist.

Pros - I already have a love for the chambering, I have the dies, brass, etc.
Cons - you cannot let the heavier bullets out as much (COL) as I might want to.

6CM
Pros - There are components, specifically brass, available. There is more room to seat bullets out in the short action mags.
Cons - I'd have to buy new brass and dies. I will also be honest that I don't want to become part of the CM fan Boyz 😝 I like my older cartridges.

6 GT
Pros - From everything I've read, you get more for less. The same velocity, less powder, less recoil. The chambering looks exceptionally efficient! I can let my seating depth out even more than the CM.
Cons - finding brass looks to be a pain in the ***, and again I'd have to get new dies. It doesn't hurt my pride as much as becoming a fan boy, but switching still hurts my pride a bit.

Those are my thoughts. I'd love to hear what y'all think. Thanks in advance!
I too am building AGAIN lol
this time its a 6XC, bartlein 7 twist for 115 DTACs pushing them between 2950 and 3050.
Mr Tubb is a proven designer and barrel life is double that of my 243
less recoil, 39.5 grains of h4350
currently my 6comp matccch needs 48.5 of H1000 to get 3050 and my primers are soooo flat
the 6xc pushes them with ease wwith 9 grains less
just my 2cents

That's the one I'm looking at but at just about $1.000 I'm having a hard time talking myself into it.
Wow they have gone up substantially. I bought one in .243 years ago and I'm almost sure I paid $500 Cad. You won't be dissapointed. I wish mine took the AICS pattern mags

Hello everyone! I'm thinking ahead a bit, but I'm considering a 6mm build in the next couple of years. I will preface this discussion with the fact that I will be building the rifle on a Remington 700 action in 243 Win. I have shot thousands of rounds out of this rifle, and it is my favorite gun. Period. I've killed prairie dogs, varmints, coyotes, deer, and antelope with it. Shot paper, steel, shotgun shell hulls, and coins with it. The thing has always been a tack driver, and I ❤️❤️❤️ it!

Anyway, my only complaint about the gun, being a factory rifle in 1-9.5 twist, is that I could not stabilize anything heavier than 95 gr pills out of it. Groing in the long range game, I've found myself leaving the gun in the cabinet in favor of my 7mm Rem mag and 308 Win.

I'm torn about what cartridge to focus on for a new build. All would have a 28 inch barrel with a 1-7" twist.

Pros - I already have a love for the chambering, I have the dies, brass, etc.
Cons - you cannot let the heavier bullets out as much (COL) as I might want to.

6CM
Pros - There are components, specifically brass, available. There is more room to seat bullets out in the short action mags.
Cons - I'd have to buy new brass and dies. I will also be honest that I don't want to become part of the CM fan Boyz 😝 I like my older cartridges.

6 GT
Pros - From everything I've read, you get more for less. The same velocity, less powder, less recoil. The chambering looks exceptionally efficient! I can let my seating depth out even more than the CM.
Cons - finding brass looks to be a pain in the ***, and again I'd have to get new dies. It doesn't hurt my pride as much as becoming a fan boy, but switching still hurts my pride a bit.

Those are my thoughts. I'd love to hear what y'all think. Thanks in advance!
While we're showing paper. Here's was my final recipe for my reloads, 5 under a dime at 50yds with a 12-15 mph back wind. Good Day All

Attachments

• IMG_20230624_112955240.jpg
    IMG_20230624_112955240.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 45
That's the one I'm looking at but at just about $1.000 I'm having a hard time talking myself into it.

? Sportsman's warehouse has them now at $560?
I had some of the original RAR's and was turned off by the zipper bolt and plastic mags. They seem to be getting better and got rid of the horrible feeling zipper bolt, and I think the 6creed might actually feed well out of their mags. I've been wanting a 6creed to so I can run factory ammo. But I think Il just get a prefit barrel for one of my tikkas so everything will be extremely smooth when it comes to cycling and feeding.