24 in barrel 338 LAI load help: Bergers and Hammers

I run the 260g HH in my 338Lap imp 30" barrel at 3250 with Norma MRP. So I am thinking you might do best with powders in the 4831 burn range with the 260g. Rl26 is surprising sometimes since you can get so much in the case and it seems to find a way to burn before you run out of barrel.

I run the 260g HH in my 338Lap imp 30" barrel at 3250 with Norma MRP. So I am thinking you might do best with powders in the 4831 burn range with the 260g. Rl26 is surprising sometimes since you can get so much in the case and it seems to find a way to burn before you run out of barrel.

I am going to try the 4831 stuff as well. Thanks

I wouldn't use it much less state in writing if it didn't shoot for me!
[/QUOTE]
I am kinda surprised these days with my gun shoots this fast... but it wasn't accurate. I know that's not you.

You didn't happen to say what sort of improved case you are shooting. I have a 338 lapua improved that easily gets 2,950 fps with the 300 gr. Berger. The load is 94 gr. of RL33, but the barrel length is 28". Your results will vary, but if RL33 doesn't work for you, my second choice would be a faster powder, such as H1000 (if you have it) or RL26.

h3831 87 grains w/berger 250 grn. elite hunter almost 2800fps w/no pressure mine is a custom made 338 but has a 26 inch barrel

Do you have a recommendation for the 260 HH in a 338 Edge with 25" barrel?

Do you have a recommendation for the 260 HH in a 338 Edge with 25" barrel?
I have not loaded an Edge but I think I would start out looking at powders in the 4831 burn range. RL26 could also be good. It is slower but the load density is very good and it seems to find a way to completely burn when other powders in that burn range don't.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.