.224 cartridge dilemma/discussion

I'll sill stick with my 220 swift and 1-14 twist rate. 55gr @ 3900fps works just fine. Now if you want to send a bullet down the tube a little faster go to a 6mm/280AI just finishing up or 25/280AI just starting. 😅

I'll sill stick with my 220 swift and 1-14 twist rate. 55gr @ 3900fps works just fine. Now if you want to send a bullet down the tube a little faster go to a 6mm/280AI just finishing up or 25/280AI just starting. 😅
Always liked the .220 swift but now we are getting out of short action territory and opening up other possibilities

My swift is in a Mauser 98 action. I am not really up on 22/250 or others in that caliber. My youngest son has a 22/250. I thinking of having it changed out to a 22/250AI chambering. The 22/250 aways was a little slow to me. We got his in Missoula several years ago at the gun show at the college there. it' on a Ruger action. .224 Valkyrie looks interesting of pushing heavier bullet down the tube. Problem is I don't don't any information on it. All my reloading manual are in Montana, and I am Mexico-North presently (aka Calif).

My swift is in a Mauser 98 action. I am not really up on 22/250 or others in that caliber. My youngest son has a 22/250. I thinking of having it changed out to a 22/250AI chambering. The 22/250 aways was a little slow to me. We got his in Missoula several years ago at the gun show at the college there. it' on a Ruger action. .224 Valkyrie looks interesting of pushing heavier bullet down the tube. Problem is I don't don't any information on it. All my reloading manual are in Montana, and I am Mexico-North presently (aka Calif).
I have a valkyrie and it's great… for the ar-15. If you are in a bolt gun there are just better options, like rebarreling to .22-250AI or 22 creed.

Kind of an inaccurate portrayal of velocity and energy levels. If I could only get 3200 out of a 72 grain bullet I'd cut my creeds in half!! I won't list powder charges but you can push that 22 swift ai speed with 73 grain bergers out a 24" barrel. That tells me the energy comparison is inaccurate as well.

Kind of an inaccurate portrayal of velocity and energy levels. If I could only get 3200 out of a 72 grain bullet I'd cut my creeds in half!! I won't list powder charges but you can push that 22 swift ai speed with 73 grain bergers out a 24" barrel. That tells me the energy comparison is inaccurate as well.
I mean Peterson's data shows 33-3400 safely with 75gr. That's not even the hotrod loads.

I mean Peterson's data shows 33-3400 safely with 75gr. That's not even the hotrod loads.

I use exclusively Peterson brass. I've got some hornady which has slightly higher case capacity but don't use it as I sold the barrel they were fired in.