210 berger vld which powder?

vprimo

Hey guys I'm looking to start reloading for my remington 700 in 300wsm. Ill be shooting a 210gr. berger vld with a new pac nor barrel that is 31" with a 1 and 10 twist. I have seated the bullet out to 2.99 total length so that it will fit in my wyatts mag box. So I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations of which powder to use? I will be trying the new superformance as soon as it comes out but needed a back up just in case it doesnt stand up being that its a new powder. I have heard good things about re22 but not sure its totally temp stable is this true?

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Not a WSM but WM (but it's a start for your consideration), I like powders with burn rates to that of H4831/SC and H1000, in addition, for its more forgiving temperature sensitivity.

I'm sure others will chime in soon. Lots of good folks here that are always willing and able to help.

Good luck and happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

For the wsm I would for sure check out H4831sc first. The next powder I would look closely at is H4350. I use a lot of the russian Wolf LR primers these days with good effect.

Have a good one,
Gary

great info guys thank you for taking the time to reply its all useful info that i will be checking out for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.