Which powders to try for Berger VLD

Oh what? None of my 7mmRM's liked Retumbo.

lol sorry, that wasn't supposed to sound skeptical. Your first post was very to the point. :)

I will clarify that I didn't try a very broad sample of powders in the aforementioned rifles. Each of the owners delivered a powder they preferred along with the rifle and each rifle liked Retumbo better than the powder the owner picked (although tack-drivers I assure you they were NOT with the exception of one... a Sendero). I then simply reported my findings to the owners for them to proceed. :)

lol sorry, that wasn't supposed to sound skeptical. Your first post was very to the point. :)

I will clarify that I didn't try a very broad sample of powders in the aforementioned rifles. Each of the owners delivered a powder they preferred along with the rifle and each rifle liked Retumbo better than the powder the owner picked (although tack-drivers I assure you they were NOT with the exception of one... a Sendero). I then simply reported my findings to the owners for them to proceed. :)
I was surprised, because of how much everyone seems to like Retumbo, but none of my 3 7mmRM's liked any loads with Retumbo I made up.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.