Berger 210 VLD

Read the post and his answer when I asked him why he hung around here since he felt the way he did

I gotta say it is kinda a kick in the bag to hear a guy talk like that on another site, sit here and BS with all of us, and not have the guts to bring it up here!!!

Congrats to the guys who were trying to stand up for our kind of HUNTING, that is what it is, over there. When I started in this hobby I wanted to extend my effective range for taking big game animals. We all set limits to how far we will take a shot at game, about 1K is mine.

Either way, we keep on doing what we do, eventually we will get the respect we deserve for it.

steve

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone done some performance testing on this bullet? Maybe on ballistic gellatin (they actually sell that in Midway now!) or in wet newsprint etc.?
Basically i am trying to ascertain whether it is a viable big game bullet from a 300 RUM. Basically how it would perform from 50- whatever range on elk/deer etc. Would it expand at long range, penetrate at short range etc.

BTW, any loads for the rum on this bullet? How was accuracy/velocity?
Thanx

[/ QUOTE ]

Confusion, confusion. POP I thought that you did not like and would never consider useing match bullets for hunting

[/ QUOTE ]Again I was inquiring into this because some fellas here posted that Berger is actually now reccomending them for big game. When asked the Berger rep declared that hunters had a lot of good luck with them.... at least this was what was posted. I thought maybe Berger was on to something good and they never really thought about during the design process. For what it's worth I never did use them...just inquiring.

As far as the long range hunting thing and having the guts to bring it up. I never ever condoned long range hunting or using Match type bullets etc.
All you have to do is see my posts here. We even got into some "friendly" arguements over Sierras in a couple of posts.

I do love/adore long range shooting though so hence my presence here. When people shoot 3" groups at 1000 yards and post pictures I get exited big time. While on the subject I do a fair amount of long range shooting myself.

I was not aware that having to cheer every hunter shooting a big game animal at 1/2 mile was a prerequisite to registering here. If I knew that I would have never registered. Just personal belief. That is all.

[ QUOTE ]

Read the post and his answer when I asked him why he hung around here since he felt the way he did

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I covered that pretty well.

Goodgrouper:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would it expand at long range, penetrate at short range etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, I thought you were against long range hunting. Why be concerned about long range bullet performance if you despise the idea of it in the first place? Yeah, I read your post on the other forum POP, or should I call you Jekyl and Hyde? Pity, pity. I thought you were one of us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif .

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad if you misunderstood about my question on the Bergers. My idea of long range is not the same as yours. My personal max is about 400-500 yards if I can not get closer. This was my intention on the questions on the Bergers.

As for the rest-- I am sorry you guys feel let down. This is just my belief. I never tried to tell someone when to shoot and when not to. We are all grown men here and can do what we want..and we do.

I enjoy reading the success stories of long range shooting as stated before hence my presence here. Swapping loads info and equipment is awesome. However as you will not compromise your beliefs neither will I. Quite simple actually.

jwp475,

Are you under the misconception that you uncovered the JFK conspiracy or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You sure act like it. The only place you did not post this is the NY Times classifieds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Rest assured you did not. My feelings were never hidden on this matter.

Mr. President is that you? Sure sounds like your immigration policy? Well anyway neither Pop or Bush should get away talking with a forked tongue. Maybe our "board" president will deport this traitor.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe our "board" president will deport this traitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let the Board prez do what he needs to do.

[/Quote/]
I was not aware that having to cheer every hunter shooting a big game animal at 1/2 mile was a prerequisite to registering here. If I knew that I would have never registered. Just personal belief. That is all. [/Quote/]

You can disagree.You choose to thrash and bite the hand that feeds you the infor that you crave.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.