2023 Meat Pole

I hunted my rear end off trying to get a look at this buck. It finally happened. My best NC buck to date, and likely ever. They don't get this big around here very often. 146 5/8".

Shot him at 289yards with my Gunwerks Clymr 7PRC with 67.9 gr of RL26 and a Berger 180 Hybrid Target. Double lung shot with exit hole. He ran about 40 yards and crashed. I put a lot of hours into this buck and let some fine bucks walk waiting on him. But it worked out.
Yep good deer for North Carolina

I hunted my rear end off trying to get a look at this buck. It finally happened. My best NC buck to date, and likely ever. They don't get this big around here very often. 146 5/8".

Shot him at 289yards with my Gunwerks Clymr 7PRC with 67.9 gr of RL26 and a Berger 180 Hybrid Target. Double lung shot with exit hole. He ran about 40 yards and crashed. I put a lot of hours into this buck and let some fine bucks walk waiting on him. But it worked out.
That's some respectable patience you exhibited. Great job. That's a great mature buck anywhere in the East.

Last day late plains rifle...
IMG_0356.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

Nine day late season Manti unit here in Utah. I arrived on the mountain 3 days early to scout. Friends who planned on being with me could not make it so I was in the Springbar tent by myself w/o any connectivity for 9 days. Missed the biggest bull of my life on day 4. A storm drove me off the mountain day 6 of the hunt. I changed hunting areas having been given a tip about this bull and 2 other bulls hanging with him; one was larger. He was definitely nicer than my bull. Ninth day caught this guy and another bull heading to bed. About an hour later got lucky and found him through a small opening in the trees, bedded in an old JP forest. The B2P (Built 2 Perfection) 300 PRC with the new Barnes Bullets Vor-Tx LR ammo in 300 PRC/208 gr LRX hit him 3x; first shot quartering to, in his bed. He stood up....so I hit him again, this time broadside behind the shoulder.....he stood there, still.....So aiming a bit higher I placed the 3rd round closer to his spine to put him down, back his bed, at 790 yds.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zQeSDBFrfmMb8rp8A

Nine day late season Manti unit here in Utah. I arrived on the mountain 3 days early to scout. Friends who planned on being with me could not make it so I was in the Springbar tent by myself w/o any connectivity for 9 days. Missed the biggest bull of my life on day 4. A storm drove me off the mountain day 6 of the hunt. I changed hunting areas having been given a tip about this bull and 2 other bulls hanging with him; one was larger. He was definitely nicer than my bull. Ninth day caught this guy and another bull heading to bed. About an hour later got lucky and found him through a small opening in the trees, bedded in an old JP forest. The B2P (Built 2 Perfection) 300 PRC with the new Barnes Bullets Vor-Tx LR ammo in 300 PRC/208 gr LRX hit him 3x; first shot quartering to, in his bed. He stood up....so I hit him again, this time broadside behind the shoulder.....he stood there, still.....So aiming a bit higher I placed the 3rd round closer to his spine to put him down, back his bed, at 790 yds.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zQeSDBFrfmMb8rp8A
Nice bull. Solo hunts can be great if you can keep yourself psyched up. Good job.

That's a very good one.
The taxidermist might have given you the gross score??
I think it is accurate. Not to sound rude but when you see a bull nipping on 380" they are in a class of there own.
Here's pics of a bull I had on trial cam and the guy in pic founds sheds and scored him quite a bit more than 360".
I obsessed about this bull but he was a ghost when it came time to hunt him
A 330" is still a frigging awesome bull. 👍
3238209E-A6B8-4DE0-BC7C-C57703C5D4BB.jpeg
F8933DCF-C26B-4913-8651-C9DD56EB101C.jpeg

Last edited:
I think is accurate. Not to sound rude but when you see a bull nipping on 380" they are in a class of there own.
Here's pics of a bull I had on trial cam and the guy in pic founds sheds and scored him quite a bit more than 360".
I am obsessed about this bull but he was a ghost when we tried to hunt.
A 330" is still a frigging awesome bull. 👍
View attachment 544045View attachment 544046
Man oh man 😳 that's going to be a freaking brute if he has good conditions for growth this year

Recent Posts