2022 Meat Pole

They're sleeping right now. English Lab will be 2 in two weeks. Chesapeake is 9.6 years . I deleted pics of them in snow today. It was -8. -13 now ,šŸ˜³View attachment 433526View attachment 433529View attachment 433532View attachment 433533
I'm a chessie man myself!
20161217_084330.jpg
20171004_105443.jpg
FB_IMG_1585357955411.jpg

Those were just a couple of the bears we took this year, I do management work in the local orchards. These were tearing up the peach trees, fences, sprinklers etc. All rifle shot. 300 black out is caliber of choice with a 130 speer hollow point, most shots are under 100 yards. Base of the ear/brain shots as we can't have them leave the property. top bear was 480lbs Bryans was 367. We are allowed unlimited private land bear tags in my unit. This one was 305lbs

Nice bruins, I'm a far gone bruin nut job so I always enjoy seeing pics. I rarely bother them anymore but I do enjoy looking for them and calling them. Last fall I called in a very nice black phase to 42 yds (and let it go). A couple falls b4 that I called in a big red to 34 yards, I almost shot that one but decided he was having a good day so I let him go:)

Poundage wise it's tough here in Mt to break 400, I've only done it once and it was a 7'1" 416 pounder. 20" beaner

Welp I havnt lost a buck in 20 years with a center fire but the big 5x5 with trash or bonus points was unfindable... about 5 beds found like the one pictured but we just couldn't locate him. Pretty **** disappointing. I passed alot of 150 class in the hopes of shooting a big boy and I did but I guess the shots just weren't what I thought.

That's tough coffee, were you ever able to recover the carcass?

Range on shots and bullet?

Just curious, could you tell if the arrow was this year or older? Either way, great buck and whether planned or not, I applaud the fact she took a buck that was clearly injured.

Now the other question, shoulder mount, arrow and all? :)
It was this year we found out who shot it. They looked for it all day after they hit it, It was sept. 1st when arrowed. We Eruopean mounted with the arrow.