2023 Meat Pole

I am a waterfowler at heart. We had a great year with alot of days like this. Nothing calms the soul like the smell of shotshell exhaust while watching the dog work.

Attachments

• 2023 Diver Pack.jpg
    2023 Diver Pack.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 56
I can't wait to see it hanging. Awesome bull.
Found some steel rod and fashioned a slip-over hanger for the 4x8 collar tie. I TIG-welded on a smaller diameter rod to stabilize the skull. After it cools I'll do a test fit, and lop off the excess rod on the back. If good, it gets a black rattle can coat.

EDIT: I may have to add a piece of flat bar on top to prevent rotation. We'll see.

Attachments

• IMG20231208123313 - Copy.jpg
    IMG20231208123313 - Copy.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I picked up my European mount today, hand-delivered by my taxidermist from CO to NY! The skull is still wrapped for the 3 hour drive home in the back of my truck. It looks awesome! Now I have to fabricate a no-drill hanger for a collar tie in the great room.
Monster!

The final version of my elk hanger is complete. Gotta wait for it to cool from welding, then I'll take a pic of the test hang before it's off to the paint station.

Attachments

• elk hanger - Copy.jpg
    elk hanger - Copy.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 56
Found some steel rod and fashioned a slip-over hanger for the 4x8 collar tie. I TIG-welded on a smaller diameter rod to stabilize the skull. After it cools I'll do a test fit, and lop off the excess rod on the back. If good, it gets a black rattle can coat.

EDIT: I may have to add a piece of flat bar on top to prevent rotation. We'll see.
I like it!

Recent Posts