2011 Long Range Shoots, Townsend Montana

2011-04-07_1901_townsend.png

I missed the elevation in my snap but the berm shows 4490 ft ish on Google earth.

No snow on the ground here yet. I will be there reguardless. I know it is a crap shoot on weather this time of year but it will have to be pretty bad to stop the fun. My son and I built a couple more targets and stands today. So we will have a few between the 500 and the 1000 at random distances.

Now for the real problem. We got done with the targets and decided to go bust a few rocks. Went over to the safe and punched in the code and it acted like it was the wrong code.:rolleyes: Tried 3 new batteries to no avail. We have moved, still have stuff in storage and after a 2 hour dig we still can't find the emergency key. Heck it might be in the freakin safe for all I know. If so that was one of my smarter moves. Anyhow, it will not open and all my rifles and grear are inside including my sons too. So if the safe company can't help when I call in the morning I am screwed. I may have to beg a few shots from some of you guys..:D

See ya all Saturday.

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
David and I will be there around 10am. I, for one, will have the long johns on! I am thinking this will give me practice on wind doping.

weathers not my hold up.....my .338 RUM brass has been back ordered another month. i hope to make it over at least once when i've got enough rounds to burn. have fun be safe guys.

Broz, have you asked your wiffe regarding the key:rolleyes:

Sounds like something I'd do.:)

bng said the berm is at 4490'. Hmmmm, I'm right at 4488'.:cool: Things are lookin' good for 2012.

Hope to organize a couple of those kinds of shoots in Idaho. Rexburg looks like the closest range to Montana.

Broz, have you asked your wiffe regarding the key:rolleyes:

Sounds like something I'd do.:)

Rexburg looks like the closest range to Montana.

Roy, yes I asked and we have looked through more boxes of stuff we don't need than you could believe.

The new key is being sent over night Fed - Ex and my son will get it at the airport in the am. Then drive here get the rifles and meet me at the range.

and we don't look for close ranges... We are "Long Range" shooters remember...:D

Jeff

Roy, yes I asked and we have looked through more boxes of stuff we don't need than you could believe.

The new key is being sent over night Fed - Ex and my son will get it at the airport in the am. Then drive here get the rifles and meet me at the range.

and we don't look for close ranges... We are "Long Range" shooters remember...:D

Jeff

Some have more dedication than others. You have your share.

Looking forward to shooting with you one of these days.

Well the signed, notorized form was delivered this am and the key is now in the hands of FED-EX. The plane is to land at 8:00 am tomorrow and my son will be waiting at the airport fed-ex desk. He will grab it, roll to my house and grab the rifles, then come meet us at the range.

I must add, the lady "Bonnie" at customer Service with Stack-on is a very considerate lady. She went out of her way to help a guy out.

And also, a Stack-on Safe is not something you can get into easily. They make sure you are the owner before a key is shipped.

So easy a LR addict could do it!! :rolleyes::D

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a good turn out. I am going to guess 10 to 15 and that will be the most we have had so far.

I was in Townsend today and the little bit of snow we got there was gone already. Should be a great day Weather channel says 52 for a high.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.