Votes: 34 23.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Less than 50%

Votes: 23 16.2%

• Total voters
If you can't do the 70% on 12" steel at 600 yd, you aren't allowed to climb on the 1,000 yd platform. Then you have to take the chief's $500 course and try again.
Amen to that!

I find it unfortunate some will take shots both with archery and rifle as just cause the rig is capable doesn't in anyway make the gunner capable

Don't know about 100 shots, and I'd be loathe to **** away the barrel life of my go-to hunter trying it. Surely a viable/doable exercise with a PRS rig where that accuracy/volume is necessary to compete. But I'll do 10 for 10 shots cold/warm bore at 600 yards into 1 MOA with my hunting rifle… given a confident wind dope. Given this standard, for the past 15 years or so I'm at 50+ deer and antelope taken between 500 and 700 yards. Did have handful of misses due to ranging error, and passed on several opportunities due to a poor shooting position or difficult wind read.

Waiting on my Spina to arrive before I try

Let me remind y'all rookies

Want to hunt with my boss, then you have to prove to be accurate 20 out of 20 shots, or else he won't let you hunt at those distances.
He uses a beer can as his measure.
If you can hit 20 out of 20 beer cans at 100 yards, but not 200, then you're not allowed to hunt past 100 yards with him. His hunt, his rules. I don't miss at 100, 200, 300, 400, or 500 yards. I can usually get 20 for 20 at 600 yards, but not always. 700 well I am more like 14 out of 20, and at 800 yards, hit 5 to 11 most days, so call myself a 5 out of 20 shooter at 800. We don't shoot targets a lot here, usually an object, or beer cans. Personally I don't count my 100 yard shots as a hit unless i hit the particular letter printed on the can I was aiming for.
Ok now that is funny.
A real sniper.

🤣🤣🤣

Don't know about 100 shots, and I'd be loathe to **** away the barrel life of my go-to hunter trying it. Surely a viable/doable exercise with a PRS rig where that accuracy/volume is necessary to compete. But I'll do 10 for 10 shots cold/warm bore at 600 yards into 1 MOA with my hunting rifle… given a confident wind dope. Given this standard, for the past 15 years or so I'm at 50+ deer anda antelope taken between 500 and 700 yards. Did have handful of misses due to ranging error, and passed on several opportunities due to a poor shooting position or difficult wiund read.
Thats a great record. On one of my trips to Alaska for work, I sat next to a fellow that was on his way to film a dall sheep hunt and their intent was to take the animals beyond 750 yards. I inquired about their rifles and scopes and he assured me that they had the best equipment money could buy. The product he represented was the scope manufacturer and that year they were looking for 10 more recorded kill shots. So about mid way to Alaska, I asked how many attempts would they have to make before recording 10 ,more kills based on their previous attempts. He wouldn't answer me and our conversation ended for the rest of the trip. So your record of 50 with only a handful of misses on targets as small as antelope is stellar and congrats to you. For the rest of us that don't have the ability to do that, we just have to take shorter shots...