Zeiss V4 3-12x56

I have the Ziess V4 4-16x44 with the 30mm tube. It a very good low light scope. I have this on my Browning X-Bolt .30-06 Composite Hunter.

I love the low light light transmission and no tunnel affect. Make sure the scope is mounted for proper eye relief.

See if your LGS has one you can try in low light. When shop for optics I go during the late evening as dusk approaches. The store where I shop allows me to take a scope outside so I can see how well it performs in low light.

With quality scopes like Ziess, Swarovski, Leupold, etc. you won't have many issues.

I have two of these.
1. older Conquest model with a FFP reticle - hate it. Terrible tunneling at 3,4 and 5X. Clears up at 6x
2. V4 - SFP - one of the best scopes that I own. I have it mounted on a Fierce CT EDGE 270 WSM. It is a whitetail's worst nightmare.

I had an old Leupold Vari-Xii 3-9x40 made in 1983. Over the years it becomes harder to use. I knew it wasn't my eyesight I get'em checked regularly.

So I sent the scope back to Leupold with a description of what I was experiencing. I got it back two weeks later.

They replaced the erector, one of the ocular lenses, cleaned the remaining lenses and filled it with argon and nitrogen for anti fog.

Basically they rebuilt the scope and didn't charge me due to their lifetime warranty.

I put it back into the same rifle and it works better than it did when it was new. This was in 2018. I have other scopes that I acquired free when I worked sales at my LGS. I doubt I would bought the Swarovski or Zeiss outta pocket.

I've never been overloaded with money.

JMO, Leupold makes a VX5HD with a fire dot duplex reticle. Has motion sensor technology. Pick it up the tiny adjustable red dot comes on. Set it down and five minutes later it turns itself off. Battery lasted me three years on one of my scopes that sees heavy use. I also own a V4 6-24x50 number 60 reticle. Glass in both are very close. The great thing about the leupold is free ballistic turret. With the Zeiss you have to pay for having on made in Texas. Price, with similar reticle, goes to the leupold, but very close. If you ever start hunting with the tiny red dot reticle you will never go back. It just centers your cross hair perfectly. You can adjust it so low that you can't see it in the daylight. But late its great, and doesn't overwhelm the animal. I'm talking five minutes of shooting time, you can still see the animal and the cross hairs, and that tiny red dot.

Last edited:
i went ahead and bought the Zeiss v4 3x12x56 with illuminated dot and glad i did. I compared it to my vx-5hd 3x15x44 firedot at dusk. The Zeiss is considerably brighter and the illuminated dot on the zeiss is much sharper.

Attachments

• 17068058332894738259184417395311.jpg
    17068058332894738259184417395311.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Recent Posts