Zeiss V4 6x24x50 ?

Mt.Boy

Thinking of trying one of these on my rifle I am getting built. Just wondered if anyone has any hands on experience with them. Or should I stick with a Sightron S3 thanks

Been running one with the ZMOA-1 reticle for 6 months now. It's a solid scope with great features for the long range hunter looking to save weight. The glass is clear and bright in all conditions. I would say the glass is on par or little better than most scopes in the same price range. The reticle is a little thick for long range shots on small targets but I feel its efficient for most hunting situations. The zero stop is solid and easy to set and the turret tracks spot on. Clicks are fairly solid and audible. I was worried how it would hold zero when used hard. I have not re-zeroed it since I mounted it and its been strapped to my pack, in a scabbard on horses and over 300 rounds on a braked 30 Nosler. Only Complaint, I have a hard time getting a clean sight picture when its above 18 power if I'm in awkward positions. Overall its a pretty solid scope for the price and definitely keeps the weight down! I have no hands on experience with the sightron so can't comment on which is better.

Been running one with the ZMOA-1 reticle for 6 months now. It's a solid scope with great features for the long range hunter looking to save weight. The glass is clear and bright in all conditions. I would say the glass is on par or little better than most scopes in the same price range. The reticle is a little thick for long range shots on small targets but I feel its efficient for most hunting situations. The zero stop is solid and easy to set and the turret tracks spot on. Clicks are fairly solid and audible. I was worried how it would hold zero when used hard. I have not re-zeroed it since I mounted it and its been strapped to my pack, in a scabbard on horses and over 300 rounds on a braked 30 Nosler. Only Complaint, I have a hard time getting a clean sight picture when its above 18 power if I'm in awkward positions. Overall its a pretty solid scope for the price and definitely keeps the weight down! I have no hands on experience with the sightron so can't comment on which is better.
Thank you for the info!! Sounds like they are a pretty good choice at the price range.

I have several of the Zeiss V4 scopes and one of them is the 6-24x50, the zero stop MOA dial is very positive and well constructed, the scopes are very tough, repeatable and hold a zero, optically very clear and bright, 4 of us did low light tests against Leupold VX6 HD 3-18x44 and Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x50, 3 of us preferred the Zeiss one guy preferred the Leupold, the Swarovski's crosshairs almost disappeared in the test not so with the Zeiss or Leupold.

I had just returned from my first trip to the range with my new 6.5 PRC build and it was sporting a new Zeiss V4 4-16x44 mounted in Talleys, after taking some pictures of the rifle somehow I set the rifle on the back of the couch and got distracted for a second as the rifle rolled and fell to the floor, 1st thing to hit was the windage turret and it knocked a hole in the Laminate flooring......you could hear me crying two blocks away,

I figured the scope would be done.....pulled the bolt and bore signed the rifle quickly and all looks good, took the cap off checked the function of the windage turret all good, back to the range zero never changed and performed a box test and zero returned to the same hole on the 5th shot......so no doubts in my mind they are a tough as nails scope.

As others have mentioned above the crosshairs may a little heavy out at 300 yards and beyond if shooting at paper but all in all not sure there is a better scope for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.