Zeiss V4 dislikes

I do not like that the parallax adjustment doesn't have yardage marks. Yes, I know its for a reason. Yes, I verify my marks at the range. But, I like to have a ballpark for quick reference when hunting. I don't always have time to dial the parallax back and forth to find the sweet spot when hunting.

For a long range scope the windage turret was a huge turn off for me. If you hold wind it's not as big of an issue except its a SFP scope and in the heat of the moment it's very likely you'll forget to check the magnification before you shoot.

I think these are the best bang for the buck in their price range. I've had several and they all track and hold zero perfectly. Glass is good too. If I had a complaint it would be the mounting length is a little short if not using a rail.
Overall though, I trust the v4 scopes on my lightweight hunting rifles that will require dialing.

I have the 6x24 and at the demo price I can't see beating it easily, it's been great in low light and tracks great. I've dialed out to 900 and back down to 200 with dead on accuracy. I have the MOA1 reticle though. At times on the range I do wish it had a lockable Windage turret

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.