Zeiss Conquest V4

Thanks for the replies. I live about 1.5 hours from Eurooptic in Montoursville Pa. I'll take a run up and check out the V4's as well as the V6's. They get open box demos pretty often. Lastly, are these better options than the Leupold HD5's? Thanks again.
Just bought a V4 with lighted #60 reticle. I also own three VX5 HDs. I can't tell any difference between the two as far as clarity and low light transmission. Just got great deal on the ziess is why I got it. 6-24x50 zero stop is a little bit of a pain compared to leupold when sighting in.Don't know what tracking issues others had with the VX5 but I've killed deer out over five hundred yards while dialing with no problems. Haven't seen any tracking issues when shooting on ranges. Maybe I got good ones. Sometimes I think someone says something is wrong with a product and its passed on as the gospel, others pick it up and spread it far and wide when they don't even own said product.

Last edited:
I would go Zeiss over Leupold. I've had a few of both and the Zeiss just looks and feels better. But that's my opinion.

I would go Zeiss over Leupold. I've had a few of both and the Zeiss just looks and feels better. But that's my opinion.
If you're comparing the 2 +$$ dollar and up Ziess to a VX5HD then you are correct. But pick the same price range and there isn't enough difference to matter. Its just preference to German glass to whoever makes leupold glass. I assume its them. But don't know.

My experience with the v4 4-16 wasn't good.
The glass was noticeably darker in low light than my vx5hd, and it failed to track and return tp zero.
Check out the Trijicon Tenmile/Credo

Did you call Ziess to see of the would make it right? I have a V4 4-16x44 on my Browning and it's an excellent performer.

I also have the Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 and a Leopold 5HD 3-15x44 on a Remington 700 SPS Varmimt 22-250.

They are all very good performers in low light.

I have all those scopes from sales incentive programs when I worked for my LGS. Even thought I didn't spend money out of pocket I made sure what I got was optimal for each rifle's assigned mission.

I've gotten bad copies of scopes and guns before and each company has either made the necessary repairs or replacement.

I had a Browning Silver Hunter stop cycling after the first shot on an expense pheasant hunt. The guide loaned me a Stoeger that felt like a toy. That toy saved my hunt.

I sent the shotgun to Browning for repair. It was returned two weeks later. I tested it with light dove loads up to heavy duck loads 3" mags and it was definitely. I wasn't billed for the repair even though I bought the shotgun two years before.

The major optics and gun manufacturers have an interest in making things right when customers have concerns.

Did Ziess provide any assistance in resolving the low light and tracking issues?

My LGS has four locations and they move a huge number of high end optics and guns as well as products affordable to the working man.

In all my time working there the store and the manufacturers have never failed to make it right when customers have quality issues.

Do you still have the Ziess scope? Did Ziess make it right?

In addition to my previous reply, as a counter sales rep for my LGS it never ceases to amaze me how many customers will spend $$$$ on glass but won't fork over a few hundred dollars on an eye exam and new glasses.

If you have poor eyesight and don't get yourself fitted with corrective lenses all the money spent on high end optics won't help.

One man came into the store and wanted to spend thousands on an scope for his wife who was going blind.

I could have easily made a big sale but that would be unethical. All the money in the world won't buy a scope that anyone with failing eyesight would be able to use effectively before they lose their sight entirely.

When we spend thousands of dollars on optics, rifles, equipment, time at the range, researching places to hunt, travel expenses along with months of preparation won't spend a few hundred dollars on annual eye exams and corrective lenses.

When issues pop up with scopes low light issues, out of focus, etc. is it really the scope or our eyesight.