Zeiss Conquest V4

PaLuke

Hello, I have a Zeiss Conquest MC 4x16x50 and I'm thinking of selling it to upgrade to a V4 or a Leupold HD 5. Are the optics that much better than the Zeiss I already have. I've looked through both of the new ones but it's tough to tell just by holding them up and trying to compare with what I have. Are the adjustments better also? Thanks for your help. Take care.

My experience with the v4 4-16 wasn't good.
The glass was noticeably darker in low light than my vx5hd, and it failed to track and return tp zero.
Check out the Trijicon Tenmile/Credo

I am a Zeiss fan. The old HD5s were a major breakthrough in range of optics for me. The 3-15s are still on guns. With that said, the V6 3-18 are my favorite. I have one V4 and haven't really made a comparison. Save for a V6 3-18. Get a demo and you can save $200 -$300.

I've got both a V-4 and a V-6 Zeiss. They both have extremely clear glass and tract back to zero. The only down side is the rectical cross hair is thicker than the Leupole.

Thanks for the replies. I live about 1.5 hours from Eurooptic in Montoursville Pa. I'll take a run up and check out the V4's as well as the V6's. They get open box demos pretty often. Lastly, are these better options than the Leupold HD5's? Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies. I live about 1.5 hours from Eurooptic in Montoursville Pa. I'll take a run up and check out the V4's as well as the V6's. They get open box demos pretty often. Lastly, are these better options than the Leupold HD5's? Thanks again.

I have a Leupold MK 5HD, is this the same scope you're referring to? Sorry if this is a stupid question. As far as the scope, I think it's excellent!

I think the Zeiss HD5 glass is better than the V4. like they traded glass for dailing turret features. the V6 are quite a jump in price over the V4 but the V4s are still really good for their price point.