Zeiss Conquest V4

I don't have either of the scopes your asking about, I run Kalhes $$$. But the one thing I know for sure is don't skimp on glass, you will never regret buying the better scope and you will alway question you cheaper decision.

Thanks for the replies. My budget will be around $1,000 and I'll be putting it on a CA Ridgeline that was gifted to me from my daughter. I have it in 6.5x284 and I absolutely love the rifle and the cartridge. My Conquest is nice but sometimes I feel it's lacking clarity. Maybe it's just me. I know my Minox ZA5 HD is definitely clearer. Things behind my house that I struggle to make out with the Zeiss the Minox will easily let me see whatever I was looking at with both at the same power. Again, thanks for the help and replies. I enjoy looking at scopes and reading reviews, I've done this all my life and I'm 65 now and the desire is still there. Take care.

I realize there is concern with reported issues on the VX5HD. I have owned two without any issues. The glass is awesome at this price point. If you ever have an issue Leupold will stand behind there scope and fix or replace it. I'm not spinning the dials like a PRS competitor, but using elevation when needed.

Hello Mark, I have a couple of VX3i scopes that are 3.5x10's and your right, they are great scopes. Like you pointed out I've read that the VX5HD has/had some issues with tracking. I'm hoping to be able to dial for target shooting as well as some groundhog hunting here in Pennsylvania. I can get possibly 350 for deer but I doubt if I'd ever shoot that far at one. Maybe after I get more proficient at shooting at distance. Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure I'll get crap for this, but the ZEISS V4 came out and so many were head over heels for it. It's just a worked over HD5 ZEISS with all the same issues. Parallax knobs have issues, turrets and tracking issues, glass can be hit and miss. We purchased 21 of them for our range rifles and I'd say 8 of them were sent back. That's not the greatest percentage.
I'd look elsewhere for an optic.

I'm sure I'll get crap for this, but the ZEISS V4 came out and so many were head over heels for it. It's just a worked over HD5 ZEISS with all the same issues. Parallax knobs have issues, turrets and tracking issues, glass can be hit and miss. We purchased 21 of them for our range rifles and I'd say 8 of them were sent back. That's not the greatest percentage.
I'd look elsewhere for an optic.
Are you still using these scopes, or did you replace them with something else?

I'll eat these words. We had a batch that just had issues. Used the warranties. Not sure why honestly. Zeiss made it right. Never another issue. They turned out to be exceptional.
I'll take back what I said.
Thanks for the update! I picked up a vx5 yesterday, but after some continued research, I'm thinking I might return it for a V4. I'm a little gun-shy about the tracking issues with vx5.

Last edited:
I still haven't moved on any of the scopes I asked about. I have a Sightron Siii that I really like. Maybe looking to go that route. Any opinions on the Sightrons?