Zeiss, March or Premiere

You wont be sorry with a nightforce i have had several and still have a F1 model which is a great scope.

Guys, I know March scopes are made to order, hence the wait. But does anyone know why? Are there that many custom options where a custom order is necessary or is it more a matter of overhead and retailers not wanting to or not being able to carry inventory due to the expense.

They are built by hand to perfection.With this takes time.They can only put them together so fast.

Really, that is the reason? That surprises me. I can't imagine there is a very big market for their line of scopes. Price alone should give them very small market share especially when you consider who they are competing with, ie S&B Hensoldt, etc. Add to that, they aren't very well known and don't have a good warranty which would turn off a lot of guys.

Seems like there has to be more to the story.

I kicked it very much around last year but didnt hear many reviews like is on this thread. The specs was awesome especially the weight being so much lighter than the nightforce. I should of bought one last year.
mike

Really, that is the reason? That surprises me. I can't imagine there is a very big market for their line of scopes. Price alone should give them very small market share especially when you consider who they are competing with, ie S&B Hensoldt, etc. Add to that, they aren't very well known and don't have a good warranty which would turn off a lot of guys.

Seems like there has to be more to the story.

No more to the story.Talked with them at Shot and they will not sacrifice quality for quantity.I know they could build more scopes but do not feel they could keep the quality if others work on them besides the engineers.These guys are sticklers for attention to detail.
Reminds me of my self with custom painting vehicles.I know there are others as good as I am
,but i just cant seem to find anyone I trust to do the same job.
If any of you are near North Idaho let me know we will get together and you can try some scopes out.

Ishootbear

Do you reckon you can do a quick review on your Marches compared to something in their quality range, so others understand, I have of today actually seen one (not shot through it) and I will no worried wait for my scope they are that good.

Got my March 5-50x56 today and My Schmidt and Bender 12-50x56 yesterday.Looking through them both this evening they are both incredible ..I will try and do a side by side with shooting them next weekend will also test tracking on them.I had some buddies over and we were looking through them back to back .The comment that keep coming up was how did they get it down to 5 power?They were really impressed with both.Both of them however would lean toward the March with all things being equal based on the lower power of the March.I will reserve my judgment until I have shot with both of them.Once again I think they are like comparing a Ferrari to a Lamborghini......

How the heck do you post pictures on here?

Got my March 5-50x56 today and My Schmidt and Bender 12-50x56 yesterday.Looking through them both this evening they are both incredible ..I will try and do a side by side with shooting them next weekend will also test tracking on them.I had some buddies over and we were looking through them back to back .The comment that keep coming up was how did they get it down to 5 power?They were really impressed with both.Both of them however would lean toward the March with all things being equal based on the lower power of the March.I will reserve my judgment until I have shot with both of them.Once again I think they are like comparing a Ferrari to a Lamborghini......

How the heck do you post pictures on here?

Thanks mate we will have to wait but I like what I hear.

Interesting. I've read five test done by optics labs and Nikon came in dead last in all but on of the test. In that one test Burris score worse besause it was unable to finish the review (it broke).

Does anyone know if production of scopes at Deon Optics has been affected by the earthquake and ensuing tragedy in Japan?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if production of scopes at Don Optics has been affected by the earthquake and ensuing tragedy in Japan?

I was wondering the same thing - I even emailed Ian Kelbly oseveral days ago but he never got back to me (starting to doubt their customer service!!)

I expect there to be big time delays & this is the reason Kelblys have been quiet about the whole deal. They don't want customers with their orders already placed to back out & ask for a refund on their deposit money!!!

God bless everyone in Japan affected by this terrible disaster!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts