Leupold VX6HD or March

sika64

Looking at putting a new scope on my rifle, so far it is between the Leupold V6HD 4X24 or the March 2.5x25. Is the glass any better in one over the other. This is a hunting rifle only by the way.

If you have the money the March is a better scope, better glass(especially in glare), better turrets(more crisp), more compact(March is ~1.4" shorter), and the biggest difference is the amount of elevation; only 68 MOA for the VX-6 and a whopping 120 MOA for the March, strange as the VX-6 has a 34mm tube(less choices of rings also). Weight is about the same.
The March does not have an internal level.

The only thing that's good about the leupold and the only thing is it wont fog up in the rain.

Seems to me "not fogging up in the rain" might be kind of important for a scope that is going to be used on a hunting rifle?

On our last trip i was happily lining up on a good stag with my March while my mate was franticly trying to defog his leupold. Im not saying March are better with moisture because all scopes will collect condensation in the right conditions.Iv had issues with a Z5 when a cheap vortex was fine.
IMHO the March is better across the board but like most things its an exercise in diminishing returns.

Hey that's good news for me. I haven't had mine out in the rain yet. I called march to see if they had any moisture wicking coating on their lenses and they told me no.

If you get a March get the 52mm obj. The eyebox is less finicky in upper mag ranges i am told. I have a 3-24x42 and it's a great scope, when shooting I rarely go above 20x and it does very well there. They don't have the greatest reticles but they work. I've read leupold is making a vx5hd 4-20, that'll be a popular model.

My March scopes are both 60 power models with one being a high master. So I can't attest to the lower magnification models but I have never had a problem with mine. They can be a little spendy but you get what you pay for. They have good glass with reliable turrets. You won't be disappointed with March.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.