Leica or Zeiss

khmplus

So two demo scopes danced in a provocative fashion right in front of me and I just couldn't resist purchasing both. One is a Leica PRS 5-30x56i with a L-4a reticle and the other is a Zeiss Victory V8 2.8-20x56 with a #60 reticle. I'm planning to mount one of them on a new 6.5PRC build I am working on. The rifle will be used primarily for hunting deer and possibly elk but I'm sure I will spend some range time also. Does anyone have experience with either or both of these scopes and can you point out some differences for consideration? Thanks!

So two demo scopes danced in a provocative fashion right in front of me and I just couldn't resist purchasing both. One is a Leica PRS 5-30x56i with a L-4a reticle and the other is a Zeiss Victory V8 2.8-20x56 with a #60 reticle. I'm planning to mount one of them on a new 6.5PRC build I am working on. The rifle will be used primarily for hunting deer and possibly elk but I'm sure I will spend some range time also. Does anyone have experience with either or both of these scopes and can you point out some differences for consideration? Thanks!

Have you had time to compare the two?

Have you had time to compare the two?
I'll have the Zeiss V8 mounted on my x-Bolt 270WSM by this weekend for a trip to North Dakota for whitetail/mule deer hunt at the end of the month. I'm getting rings and bases for both scopes so it will be easy to interchange them. I'll provide an update after sighting in with the Zeiss.

I'll have the Zeiss V8 mounted on my x-Bolt 270WSM by this weekend for a trip to North Dakota for whitetail/mule deer hunt at the end of the month. I'm getting rings and bases for both scopes so it will be easy to interchange them. I'll provide an update after sighting in with the Zeiss.

That V8 has world class Schott glass. Looking forward to updates.

That V8 has world class Schott glass. Looking forward to updates.
I tried the Zeiss V8 out today to sight in. Everything about the scope seems great. The turrets are crisp and well marked. The glass is top notch, like looking through air and not lenses at all. The Illuminated dot is very fine, on/off and adjustment is easy. The scope has 9 different elevation turret rings (ASV system) to choose from with different ballistic curves and distances marked out to 600 meters, and I found one that matches within a click or two of by ballistics on paper. I still need to verify by shooting but this should make hunting easy; range-dial-shoot. Custom rings are also available for when I have a chance to verify my exact ballistics. I'll be taking it out to the Dakotas for a whitetail or mule deer hunt next weekend. I'll post more after the hunt.