Premium large bins from Swarovski, Leica or, Zeiss?

Yup. And I have another consideration- My wife wants to see them too. She trusts my judgement but I whole heartedly want her to handle them and gaze thru them. Even if Swaro Pure's are better to my eye, if she prefers the Noctovids, well I'm not going to split hairs over it, lol.

Happy wife, happy life ya know.

And, there is something to be said about owning the product you feel best about EVEN IF IT TECHNICALLY IS NOT THE BEST. For most people, shopping at this price point is splitting hairs in many cases over the big three; it is only a real issue for those of us with specific issues of genetics (eyesight, eyeglasses, facial structure, etc.).

And yes, if you are sharing them with a spouse, it is important that both enjoy holding and using them.

Well the one shop that we viewed the Noctivids called me and said they received a 10x42 Swaro Pure- so now we compared the 10x42 Noctivids to the 10x42 Swaro's side by side.

1. NL Pure ergos are much preferred by my wife and I. Simply amazing how they tuned them to just fit so naturally and effortlessly in the hand.
2. We both felt the Noctivids were heavier and clunkier compared to the Pure.
3. Optically I noticed the wider FOV with the Pure', and edge to edge was super sharp. The Noctivids are also sharp, and the contrast is just slightly more colorful than the Pure- that's the only way I can describe it- I'm not an optics expert, lol. I gave a nod to the Pure. My wife, on the other hand, barely noticed the fov difference until I pointed her to a distant object. I told her to center on the object and then look left to right at the last image, then do the same with the Noctivids. She then went "ahhhh- I get it". She feels the image quality is a 'draw'.

We both settled on the Pure. I think we'll go with the 10x.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.