Zeiss, March or Premiere

Are their parts and assembled in Japan? If they are was the plant destroyed? lightbulb

If I have it correct the nuclear power plants that exploded in Japan are about half way between Tokyo and Yuzawa where the company that makes the lens for the March scopes. If this is true the prices may go up and the supply may dry up.

joseph

Last edited:
I'm about half way through the wait for my March Tactical scope ..................................who says I'm counting the days?????

Hopefully build times are still on schedule!!

I was able to hit a 10x10 metal plate at 550 yds with every shot even after fiddling with the turrets from 1 to 2 MOAs, lucky i guess. :)

I have been reading " for the money" about the Vortex PST scopes. I really wonder if you could shoot smaller groups with rifles that have $3000 scopes than with the PSTs? I have a fairly accurate 6mm Norma BR. with a 6-24x50mm PST MOA scope with a Custom Vortex Turret that is "dead nuts accurate".

I DO NOT think I could shoot any better with anymore expensive scope and I do not care how more clearer the glass is. And this is all the way out to 1200 yards. If I can hit gongs at 1200 yards the only hinderance was READING the WIND not the scope.

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

Field test: Vortex Viper 6-24x50mm PST MOA FFP scope. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph

PS: toader I hope you get your scope.

I am certainly no expert but if your reticle is solid and your turrets can return you to zero then you are good. The really expensive scopes generally have the better optical quality, are tougher towards abuse, have great customer service and superb reputations. There are good "cheaper" scopes out there with good reputations for holding up too. The proof is in the tiny shiny spots on your metal target at 1200 yds.

Do this: set a target out to a compfortable distance where you know you can hit the bulls eye, calculate the number of clicks on your turret that would give you a 6" change both verticle and windage. take a few shots at the bullseye (hopefully hitting consistanly for your expected group) then click your 6" up, shoot a few or one, 6" over windage, shoot a few or one, 6" down, shoot a few or one, Then finally 6'' back to the bulls eye and shoot a few. you should group right in your original group. BUT Remember, and this is very important. let your barrel cool down after every 3-4 shots otherwise you might see some slight to big changes that have nothing to do with the scope. Some guys run cool water over the outside of their barrel if they have a free floating barrel in a fiberglass or composite stock. Don't do this if your stock is wood or your barrel isn't free floating, just let it air cool. I have never tried the water cooling except when its raining LOL

HEAT KILLS BARREL LIFE and throws your shots off.gun)

Klee

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.