March or nightforce

snox801

Ok so my new ultralight build is being done now. A 30 Sherman. Now question is because I'm going for light weight I was set on the match 2.5-25. 23 ounces.
Well now nightforce has the nx8 2.5-20 and it's only 5 ounces more I believe.
I like my nightforce stuff but still leaning towards March as it's more zoom and still lighter.
What's the thoughts from the guys here.

Lightweight is a merciless hag. Each component needs to be trimmed to have any meaning. I don't know the March brand, but have struggled with, and lost the battle for lightweight a couple of times. Go with the March-good opportunity to expand your experience base.

I have both and if weight was an issue, March. Both will hold zero which a lot of scopes can't vouch for these days.

I like the zero stop better on my March, than my buddy's NF. It's light and does the job with great glass. Mines got the MTR 1 reticle and really like it.

idcwby

I have both brands. Honestly you could flip a coin between them in quality. I'd buy the nf since it's cheaper and known for the great customer service. having said this I do love my 40-60 high master though.

I'm a big fan of my March 3-24x52 for a LW hunting scope and also have a NF. When I got the March the NX8 wasn't out yet. If $ ain't an issue I would go with the March but you can't go wrong with the NF either it's just a tad heavier.

You are right - still weak. And electronic components are only covered for 2 yrs. And don't say that you won't need it. I personally know of 3 marches that have made their way back to the mother land for warranty work.
Never said I wouldn't need it. Been good so far. What problems have your known 3 had?

Last edited:
Ok so my new ultralight build is being done now. A 30 Sherman. Now question is because I'm going for light weight I was set on the match 2.5-25. 23 ounces.
Well now nightforce has the nx8 2.5-20 and it's only 5 ounces more I believe.
I like my nightforce stuff but still leaning towards March as it's more zoom and still lighter.
What's the thoughts from the guys here.

I own the 2.5x25x52 March and a few NF scopes. Both are excellent scopes. I have not seen the 20X NX8 yet, but to my eyes the glass is a bit better on the March compared to the 32X NX8, which I had the opportunity to try. The March is available in either SFP or FFP, while the NX8 is a FFP only....if that makes any difference to you. And, the price of the NX8 will be lower then the March.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.