Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 or March 2.5-20

7Rum Slayer

Hello to all. I recently robbed my main hunting rifle of its Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 for another rifle build. I have been saving for a new scope wanting to shave some weight without sacrificing durability and reliability. I am getting pretty close to the cost of the NX8 and would like to consider the March. Anybody have both or have been able to compare both? I'm a SFP MOA guy and wonder if the March is worth the extra coin for a long range hunting rifle. My last 3 scope purchases have all been Nightforce NXS so I am a big fan of those just not the weight. I will say tracking and durability are more important than glass quality, I like the look of the NX8 reticle better, the March sounds solid and I like the thought of 24oz. Any input on these scopes would be greatly appreciated as I will not be able to handle one before I purchase. Cheers, Jason

Any info will be appreciated. How would you compare them both on 20 or 25 power? How would they compare to the NXS? Also wondering about the reticle thickness compared to the MOAR and the MOAR T? I feel both would be great scopes just wondering if the March has enough over the NX8 to justify more $$.

You'd have to look at specs for reticle thickness, but the March MTR3 seems just slightly more fine than the NX8's CF2D. I chose the NX8 for my 28Nos based on the x32 for long long shots. If I'd been limited to x20 I'd go March based on its compact size and weight. My NXS scoped rifles spend more time in the safe with these two around. Ultimately I think you'll be happy with either scope

Thank you Bater, I may revisit the specs on the NX8 4-32 as well.
I had a 4-32 and wasn't happy with it at all.
I compared it to my mk5 5-25 extensively and it lagged behind.
The eye box is extremely tight making perfect cheek alignment a must, the glass is ok but not near what I'd expect for a $2000 optic, the parallax is stupid sensitive, and the image darkens and distorts above 20x

I had a 4-32 and wasn't happy with it at all.
I compared it to my mk5 5-25 extensively and it lagged behind.
The eye box is extremely tight making perfect cheek alignment a must, the glass is ok but not near what I'd expect for a $2000 optic, the parallax is stupid sensitive, and the image darkens and distorts above 20x

100% agree with this. I'm a huge NF fan, but I just couldn't get myself to like the NX8. I wanted it to be "like the S&B Ultra Short" but no where even close. Although price isn't either. I just didn't like the parallax, eyebox, distortion either. I'd go March all day.

Thanks fellas, the more reviews I read the more I want to try the March. I was in this same dilemma many years ago when I purchased my first NXS. My only fear with the March scope is I will like it so much I will want one on all of my customs. The compact size and weight savings as well as outstanding reviews have me leaning that way.

Thanks fellas, the more reviews I read the more I want to try the March. I was in this same dilemma many years ago when I purchased my first NXS. My only fear with the March scope is I will like it so much I will want one on all of my customs. The compact size and weight savings as well as outstanding reviews have me leaning that way.
Exactly the problem I have. Bought a March 2.5-25x52 three months ago. Now I want another one.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.