Your going your hunt of a lifetome what are you hunting and what rifle are you using ? Mine is easy

Howdy, well I can copy Jpron heading.
I had worked 2/3 of my life traveling living in a hotel working on industrial projects.
I would like to just hunt for Elk, Moose, Mule deer, Antelope, Prong horn....Here in the US.
As far as a rifle, I have plenty that will do the Job. Sorry if that's Boring.

I had worked 2/3 of my life traveling living in a hotel working on industrial projects.
I would like to just hunt for Elk, Moose, Mule deer, Antelope, Prong horn....Here in the US.
As far as a rifle, I have plenty that will do the Job. Sorry if that's
As far as a rifle, I have plenty that will do the Job. Sorry if that's Boring.
I hear ya, I farm full time as well as own 2 other small businesses. My kids grew up so fast. I'm worried it may not happen again for some time if ever again. I took my daughter on a private land trespass fee hunt last fall in co. It was great but very frustrating for her. We seen about 800 head of elk but not one on the ranch we could hunt. She wasn't happy but she understands that's hunting. I thought I had the chance to lease that ranch this year but of course the land owner decided to lease it to an outfitter. It would have been expensive but worth it.

I hear ya, I farm full time as well as own 2 other small businesses. My kids grew up so fast. I'm worried it may not happen again for some time if ever again. I took my daughter on a private land trespass fee hunt last fall in co. It was great but very frustrating for her. We seen about 800 head of elk but not one on the ranch we could hunt. She wasn't happy but she understands that's hunting. I thought I had the chance to lease that ranch this year but of course the land owner decided to lease it to an outfitter. It would have been expensive but worth it.
I don't want to derail this thread.
I didn't see my son and daughter grow up.
My BAD. Life goes on.
Make time for your FAMILY. 👍👍
K.E.C. Kelley Electric Co.

Last edited:
Dall Sheep has always been my pinnacle animal, but I don't think it would be the dream others would be, and doubt I'll have the money for it or would be willing to pay it even if I did. My current dream, because I think its attainable for me, is the poor man's slam, all 5 species of N. American deer. Still need a Muley(260AI), Coues(243win), Columbia(???) and a Sitka(35 Whelan). Plenty of adventure and country to see to accomplish. Of course, I'll throw in any kind of combo with them when I can, javelina and hogs, bears, king salmon and halibut, etc. With Sitka deer being the exception, all DIY.

In 2009 I shot the big four in Tanzania; got a nice eland as well as tons of PG. Because of the global financial crisis, I got a screaming deal on that 21 day hunt. My total cost including tips and trophy fees was about 85K. I shot a very nice elephant and then a leopard on day 8. Shot the lion on day 16. Best hunt of my life, and best 85K I ever spent.
Oh man, I could die happy after that.

There were a few animals I could kick my butt for not shooting in Alaska when I was there .I could have shot a huge dall sheep at the bottom of a mountain. I could have popped it off the hood of my truck I was way back near a glacier .I had my 338-378 Weatherby easy 200 yard shot but i had a few problems first I forgot my waders the glacier was melting it was 85 degrees and the creek was super fast and rising .I tried Trash bags didn't work.i was by myself too if someone was there I could have shot then crossed with a rope and lifejacket .There were two legal rams and I never saw anymore sheep in that area again.
THE second one was a 8.5 foot solid black grizzly we were coming back from grouse hunting and i had my 416 rem mag .I saw him and I swear he didn't move for 45 mins .I tried to sneek out of the door to shoot him as soon as I cracked the door poof he was gone .That was the only solid black one I ever saw.
I HAD a huge blond griz come try to kill and eat English setters I chased him with My 416 .My neighbor had not told me but that bear had killed all 16 of their sled dogs .I wish I had brush shot him running with the 416 that was at my house

Hey LRNut,

I got my hunt in an auction at the Anchorage SCI banquet from these people: https://www.ibexhuntespadella.com/es/.
I had a great time, great people, the staff was great, food was fantastic. My wife and I enjoyed it. The Boc hunt was also thru them, but you have to fly to the island Majorca for it. Only place in the world you can hunt them.
Take Care