Your favorite FFP reticle for hunting…

I really want to try one of these reticles in a March D24V52. This is the best I have seen for FFP. Bold outer lines taper into center so they are appropriate throughout the magnification range, clear upper field, good common sense tree, the center would work exceptionally well low or high and illuminated even better.

TR1H-寸法.jpg

My fav is the TMR small open space. But I hunt mainly a march F1, floating dot

I really want to try one of these reticles in a March D24V52. This is the best I have seen for FFP. Bold outer lines taper into center so they are appropriate throughout the magnification range, clear upper field, good common sense tree, the center would work exceptionally well low or high and illuminated even better.

View attachment 355247

That looks to be a great reticle for all around hunting. Thanks for posting it.

A second vote for the S&B P4L Fine. Having always had SFP with MOA in hunting scopes I was a little concerned about the switch. But once I figured out the mrad system, I'm sold.
I went through the same process over the years after using MOA for a large portion of my hunting life. The MilRad system isn't as complicated as most depict it, and it has some attributes/features that make it quite useful, particularly with quick ranging of game and wind corrections. I like the wide range of reticle choices with the FFP scopes, and the Alpha grade glass in scopes like the S&B, ZCO, TT, etc.make a material difference in reading, and, being able to shoot through mirage, frequently encountered with my LRH.
7A35B7D3-6ECF-42DE-8266-857159B9B5C4.jpeg940649EC-5ED6-443C-ABF2-3DFD70F03A80.jpeg

Thanks for posting up the reticle pic. It's a good example of a well thought out design that allows the best of both worlds for a hunting reticle. Gives you what you need as far as wind and holdover points to hit far off targets in varied conditions, yet the heavy lines are far enough in that they will extend right in to center on low X and make for quick aiming at closer objects in heavy cover and/or low light conditions.

For my part, if they aren't going to offer wind holds under center, they could flip the vertical lines so that the heavy post is on bottom and the light lined, numbered graduations were over center. Theory being that if one is going to dial for elevation and hold for wind anyway, which is what pretty much what has to be done in variable winds without wind holds down near 6, 8, 10 mils under center, you might as well have a good aiming point coming from underneath similar to a German #4 and leave the top more open to see hits, misses, and game reaction after the shot.[/QUOTE]

1649026202123.png
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times on here but I'm fixing to purchase my first FFP scope for hunting and Saturday long range matches at a gun club, would like to hear your favorite reticle for this…
I shoot Shepherd scopes. They're a dual reticule scope with crosshairs in the rear plane and a bullet drop/range finding reticule in the front plane. https://shepherdscopes.com/. They match your caliber, cartridge and bullet weight for drop to within 1moa out to 1,000 yards, and they're very accurate. You can check them out on the link above.

According to what a person is hunting,thought I wanted Burris Ballistic Plex but after 1 season coyote hunting figured out it was not for me,just way too busy.Went back to Leupold duplex with Firedot and am thinking it is gonna work.Got VX5 HD and pleased with it so far.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times on here but I'm fixing to purchase my first FFP scope for hunting and Saturday long range matches at a gun club, would like to hear your favorite reticle for this…
So alot of this is personal preference as mentioned before. But my favorite FFP for hunting is still a Vortex PST 2.5-10X32. The reticle is not super busy and I have the best of both worlds for the kind of hunting I do. 2.5 power is great for river bottom whitetails in a wooded area. The animals are easy to find in the scope. 10 power is great because it gives you the magnification that you will need. I shot my antelope at 930 yards. This scope has to be one of the best in my opinion for low light conditions. I don't get the pixelation in low light and it has a lit reticle so you can see your crosshairs which I use on the lowest settings 1 or 2 so it does not distract the eye in low light. I use this scope on my truck gun as well as my hunting rifles. I do own other scopes. My 264wm I run a Razor which I use for hunting in wide open areas. It is a way more busier scope but it is helpful because it is windy in MT.

Surprisingly, I've been liking the Gen 2 Mildot

1649097966986.png

The Leupold PR-1 reticle was pretty good.
1649098516672.png

I like the SKMR3 and MPCT 2, as cross-over type reticles.
1649098249980.png

1649098387199.png

For hunting, I might try a 4-16 ATACR with a Mil-R reticle
1649098618085.png

I haven't been a big fan of Mil-XT or G2H. I also don't care for the unilluminated G3 in a general use scope, but it's alright for range only guns. The EBR-7B/C is an okay cross-over, but favors target shooting to me. The Mil-quad is an okay reticle for hunting, but the diamonds are unnecessary & potentially distracting flourishment, and they should've just stuck with dots IMO.

Surprisingly, I've been liking the Gen 2 Mildot

View attachment 355579

The Leupold PR-1 reticle was pretty good.
View attachment 355590

I like the SKMR3 and MPCT 2, as cross-over type reticles.
View attachment 355583

View attachment 355586

For hunting, I might try a 4-16 ATACR with a Mil-R reticle
View attachment 355591

I haven't been a big fan of Mil-XT or G2H. I also don't care for the unilluminated G3 in a general use scope, but it's alright for range only guns. The EBR-7B/C is an okay cross-over, but favors target shooting to me. The Mil-quad is an okay reticle for hunting, but the diamonds are unnecessary & potentially distracting flourishment, and they should've just stuck with dots IMO.

While they're not my favorite reticles, I have been sufficiently satisfied with NF MOA-R/MIL-R reticles. In actual use they stand out better than I'd have thought by looking at them on paper or while looking through them indoors. Through a lot of different backgrounds and game animals, I haven't encountered a scenario during legal shooting hours in a few states in which I couldn't have made a shot due to an invisible reticle.