Ballistic Reticles... What is your favorite and why?

Wow! After reading all of the data provide by our shooters , I am appreciating my new Burris Eliminator 111 even more. I received my new 6.5 X .284 Norma last summer and got ready to take it Wyoming for my annual deer/antelope hunt.

I have been curious about the new Burris so I decided to part with tradition and try one. I was very impressed with the speed of getting into play and the accuracy. I had no trouble on the 619 yard steel at my range and it was deadly in Wyoming.

I think we are looking at the technology of the future. The only negative is it is larger and heavier that we are all use to. It has been great fun using it though.

I may put a lighter glass on the rifle before my next upcoming trip to Africa.

...I think we are looking at the technology of the future. The only negative is it is larger and heavier that we are all use to...

Let us know how you like the scope when looking toward the setting or rising sun. Every Eliminator I've looked through had poor stray light management. The glare was worse than just about any conventional scope I've seen above a $200 price point. That issue doesn't usually come up at a shooting range when the sun is behind you.

Other than that and the weight, I like the concept.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.