You are not enough.

Wow..................with some of these replies it's like we're dealing with a bunch of whining two-year olds!!!!!!!!!!!!! "He said that I ain't enough!!!!" This is a simple video where the author is saying that there will come a time in our shooting lives where all of our skills will not be enough to meet the challenge, NOTHING MORE!! He's not talking about people he is talking about shooting skills!! Talk about a pack mentality and reading into something that isn't there. I don't know this guy, nor have I ever watched one of his videos. Now I too am interested is watching part two of this one. What I can tell you is that when one has gone around the sun more than 60-70 times, one's skills do wain off a bit whether we like it or not; our bodies do let us down!!! As for those/the jocks who disagree with this statement, unfortunately (and if you are honest with yourself) the day will come where you "will" understand and agree.

I believe whereas the problem lies, is in the title being posed as a statement rather than a question? When I seen, it didn't set well with me. Only two people can say if I am enough, and I am one of them. The video I thought was awesome but too short, beautiful country, well edited video.

I think there was a person who said 2000 years ago and still says you are not enough. Can you swim the Atlantic Ocean? Do you know any Olympian swimmer who can swim the Atlantic Ocean? How high can you jump? Can you jump up to the moon or Mars?

Do you get in the back seat of a Tesla and put it on auto drive and trust implicitly in science and the brilliance of mankind?

Where do you put your trust?

Do you have so much pride that you have no humility?

I think Clint Eastwood once said.
A man has gotta know his own limitations........

He was right.

The natural state of man is
a state of very great imperfection.
A worldview that man is perfect or can be will get you into a lot of trouble both in your personal life and your international foreign policy. (The Taliban are all reformed good guys now. They will be honorable cause we trust them now.)

The sacrifice that person made 2000 years ago was to cover all of our imperfections......cause we cant get there on our own......no matter how hard we swim.

His name was Jesus. And He was and is perfect. Just my two cents and my own personal experience.

He gave us all Free Will. We are not robots. We each choose the road we want to walk.

But you by yourself are not enough.
i love it and know all these people need to hear it everyday!!! Thanks for standing for my GOD, We are not a majority anymore and falling to satan everyday!!!!

FWIW, in regard to improvement of shooting skills - IMHO, three things are good next steps. (1) Make realistic goals (2) Don't just think about them, write them down in indelible ink. (3) Maybe should have been #1 - find people better than yourself to shoot with.

I agree at some point you got to learn to get closer.

sddefault.jpg

Boy looks like this spurred a lot of controversy. So if my Stuart Smalley post upset anyone I apologize. I was just trying to add some humor to the thread. IMHO i believe the controversy lays from no closure or clear message. If it's one of shooting technique I come from a position shooting is a mental game so I am aware of short comings but focus on the positive aspects of my technique and outcomes. If it's a equipment shortcoming then a superior piece of kit would be nice. And finally if it's a theological statement I get leery of things unless it's back by scripture.

Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one."

Followed by some kind of path forward or words of encouragement.

John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

These days it seems there is a lot to be upset about. I think we can unconsciously drag this with us all day long. If anything I post here upset anyone I apologize. And hopefully the rest of the day can be managed with a more joyful attitude.

I didn't find anything wrong with the video, sure it's an open-end satetment, but... that's what open-end statements are. The message is clear... the keyword is "plateau"... we've all found a plateau in life as well as shooting that we have to overcome by learned experience or the help of another, whose expertise helps us over it. I also agree the message could've had a little more meat on the bum, but that's his call, I'm sure he felt that he was making his point. I don't think he was being, overbearing or condescending. Ok... I've got no dog in the fight just giving you my first impression. Cheers all

I will say as someone who plays around in powerlifting you see "motivational" videos like this once in awhile for that sport/hobby, almost verbatim even. Almost always selling training.

My self and others would like to hear a uplifting talk. Not a depressing speech. It reminds of the dribble that comes from someone that has way way to much time on his hands. Some one thinks he is a motivation speaker. If I was this guy I would go to Saturday night live show producers and see if I could get a gig that replaces the guy that use to do the skit " you will end up living in a van down by the river ". Just my observation of his post here. unbelievable. MD

You are guaranteed to plateau any time you think you are enough. It's at that point when you stop learning and growing. If you have reached that point, it's a clear indicator that you need to seek knowledge, skill, advice or new methods to continue growing. This applies to EVERYTHING in life.