I need HELP!!!! Not enough MOA

Remember 20 min is 20/60 = 1/3 of a degree. Not a large amount. I have owned a 20 min Weaver rail, and it seemed to be well made, but I'm generally not impressed with their rings at all.

This is still 20" at 100yds tho, right? And I did use loctite when I put it on and everything went smooth.

Not taking anything wrong. I just appreciate the help. I am wondering the same thing. Is your front mount shorter than the rear like my old one is in the picture? Are you using a 20MOA on yours? The boxes both said 20 and were purchased from the same dealer. These are my first 20 MOA rails as I am new to this so I wasn't sure. I just know that doing the math 58(full travel)-29+20-4(300zero) should give me roughly 45 and that is a far cry from 9.5 or 20.5.

I just emailed weaver so I am hoping they can give me measurements so I can mike it. If you have info specifically on the Model 70. I would love to hear it. Thanks again.

Almost forgot Nosler 165 Ballistic tip at 3130.

I use a Leupold and believe it is 15degree, just pulled it out of safe and looked at it, and the rear looks thicker in ratio to the front then yours does.

I went through this scenario with another poster a while back with my EGW on my 11-111 LRH in 338 Lapua. He swore up and down that the rail was on right. It wasn't.

If I remember correctly, there is a 0.0145" difference between the back end and the front end but youll need a ball nose mike to check it (if the receiver is round that is).

Thats on an EGW rail that is 6" long. If the rail is over 6", the 0.0145 will drop in direct ratio to the length.

I went through this scenario with another poster a while back with my EGW on my 11-111 LRH in 338 Lapua. He swore up and down that the rail was on right. It wasn't.

If I remember correctly, there is a 0.0145" difference between the back end and the front end but youll need a ball nose mike to check it (if the receiver is round that is).

Thats on an EGW rail that is 6" long. If the rail is over 6", the 0.0145 will drop in direct ratio to the length.

Take a look at the pic of it on page 1. when I laid it on the action backwards it did not lay flat at all and the extension of the rail would be over the bolt? All the pics I just looked up have the extension in the front.??? Have you seen one mounted with the extension in the back? Also, this would point the front of the scope upwards. Is that correct?

My rail looks nothing like yours. It has no overhang on either end. The smallest dimension always goes in the front, you wantht eh optic to point down.

If you go the Savage website and look at the 11-111 Long Range Hunter in 338, thats the rail.

I use Warne Maxima Steel rings btw. A bit hard to lap because they are vertical split but perfectly doable.

On my 308 Savage lightweight hunter I used Talley one piece ring/mounts. They come in various MOA drops. Mine are 10 MOA. I went for a lightweight (under 8 pound rifle).

My rail looks nothing like yours. It has no overhang on either end. The smallest dimension always goes in the front, you wantht eh optic to point down.

If you go the Savage website and look at the 11-111 Long Range Hunter in 338, thats the rail.

Thanks. it does point down. I guess i will see what weaver says and then go from there.

My philosphy is simply this. The more parts between the receiver and the optic, the more chance of issues and the more weight.

Not an issue with the 338, it's already a tank. I'd never lug that monster anywhere, I'm 64 and too **** old to carry a bazooka. Thats a set up and shoot rifle. My 308 is my carry rifle and I want a lightweight but fairly potent rifle that will handle anything to 500 yards. The 308 fills that bill.

If my 338 didn't come railed, I would have installed Talley One Piece rings/mounts on that as well. As it is, it got Warne's.

I have the same scope you do BTW (on the 338) and one on the 308 as well, just a little bit less magnification.

I'm used to a 3-9, I'm old school, so this high magnification, I hardly ever use it. Most times, the scope is dialed at 4 or 6.5 The eye box is better anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts