What do you consider good enough?

Creedmoor shooter

So I've been playing with the 147 eld in my 6.5 cm. I'm having a hard time with this bullet getting it to group under .5 moa like my 140 eld-m. I had bought a 500 sleeve so I have a bunch of them to use up. After messing around with different primers, powders, and bullet lengths this is the most consistent load I've got my rifle to shoot this 147. My question is for you guys is do you think these groups are good enough for prs competition and casual long range out to 1500 yards? I strive for perfection so just a hair over .5 moa is hard for me to accept. Think I'll notice the difference between .5 moa and .3 moa? Thoughts? Top group is .010 off the lands and the bottom is .020 off.
20190309_152751.jpg
20190309_152755.jpg

40.5 with the Winchester wlr gave me 2772 with a sd of 16. I switched to the federal 210m and my groups got tighter but I didnt hook the magneto back up so I'm not sure.

I am currently acquiring parts for one so it's all good. Not trying to derail. In my experience for what I am trying to do with my rifles both of those groups would be good enough for me but I dont shoot prs. But I think Aldon is right. Try stretching it out and see where it ends up. If the sd and es is good I would be shooting it like it is.

Can we please have a thread that does not involve making fun of the creedmoor or those that shoot them? Too many threads are getting derailed over that. Please stay on the topic at hand. Thanks
I actually have a Creedmoor myself but I have only taken it out to 1000 yds. I'm running130 Bergers in mine at 2950 fps though. 1500 seems like a stretch for me with that little bullet. I pull out the 28 Nosler for those shots.

I actually have a Creedmoor myself but I have only taken it out to 1000 yds. I'm running130 Bergers in mine at 2950 fps though. 1500 seems like a stretch for me with that little bullet. I pull out the 28 Nosler for those shots.
It actually suprised me how well it did that far. I shot that far with it because at the time it was my only rifle worthy to shoot that far so I tried it.

I couldn't get even that from the 147s in mine.

I'm working with the 143s now and get great groups but I'm having consistency issues. My goal in development is .3 moa at 300, I've done that and better just looking for the consistency now.

I hear some guys are running h4831 with the 147's. I would be tempted to try it. Probably a bit slower FPS tho.

We shot 150 or so of factory rounds on video at around 1100 yards. You could see they fell in two distinct subgroups that were 1/4-1/3 moa. The average of all groups was somewhat over .5 Moa. Weighing the cases afterward showed a 4 grain es with two distinct groups of brass less than +/- 1gr. I'm guessing from two different machines. If you have not already done so, weight sort the brass and the bullets

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.