X-Caliber barrels any opinions?

Over priced fire forming barrels, I've sorted through so many of them it's stupid to find a decent one or two, won't accept them anymore!!!

This was my opinion of them based on two barrels I bought but never had chambered a few years ago. Then I saw a pile of other shooters using them with excellent results. I decided that there must have been some QC issues that got resolved in the last year or so.

Things gotta be better for a whole lot more than a year, all it takes is one guy quitting and your back to garbage or the lapper decides to make up their own special method one day, no, too easy to get proven quality every time barrels for little to no money more. They burned me to bad to ever let one back in the door, replacing garbage barrels on ones own dime don't sit well!!

It seems their prices were lower a year ago, not an uncommon marketing model getting people to use your early products due to price differential. Now the price difference between X-Caliber and any of the cut-rifled makers in Wisconsin is not much this makes the X-Caliber argument harder to make.
I have a couple of X-Caliber products, a blank and an AR-10 barrel, that have been sitting on the shelf but due to laziness or other bad behaviors I have not got them installed and shot yet.

Recently had some loading and feeding issues with my rifle and sent it to my gunsmith for examination.

Unbeknownst to me he re-barreled my rifle without my permission. I was a bit upset but nothing I can do now.

Spare me the "what I would've done" crap as I'm already just barely over it.

I traded a LILJA 3 grove 10 twist tack driver for a X-Caliber 5R 10 twist In 300WM of course but i just got it and haven't shot it yet.

has anyone had any actual experience with them?

this is a fresh wound so tread lightly...
He wouldn't be my gunsmith anymore I hope he didn't change you if I tried that with out approval from my custom it would be all over the internet and my boss would be sending me down the road we get approval for anything over $50.00 from the customer sorry to hear this it makes all of us gunsmiths look bad

I bought my first x-caliber barrel in March 2015, when the company had barely started. I competed with that .243 until the barrel was shot out. Since then I've bought x-caliber barrels in 6.5 PRC, 6 Dasher, 6 Creedmoor, and 224 Valkyrie for Savage, Remington and AR platforms. With the exception of the Valkyrie AR, all are legitimate half MOA guns, no problem. And the Valkyrie was easily smacking steel at 600 yards this week, not bad for a gas gun.

I have an xcaliber barrel in 6.
5 creed that is showing serious promise. Shot factory fodder well under an inch, no matter what brand or bullet wt. Norma target loads in the .4s-.5s.
Just doing new brass break in on handloads for it. It wants to shoot sub .3s for 5 SHOTS before I get it dialed in. Stopped coppering up at 20 shots on break in .I'd have no problem buying another one.
I did alot of looking at reviews before I bought this one. A common thread everywhere I looked was people that use the barrels LOVE them. There is always a group of people that say they are junk , but most never even screwed the barrels on and tried them .
I chose to only pay attention to those that shot the barrels and about 99% those people gave great reviews with most getting .2-.3 if they load their own ammo. I expect mine will settle into the .2s easily once I do a little more developement.

I have 1 experience with xcaliber. I have a 17" savage varmint contour 6 creedmoor 7.7 twist 3R prefit barrel. On a bighorn origin. It shoots factory 108 ammo .3" on a VERY regular basis at 2770fps. I Shot a beaver in the noggin at 300 yards off sticks with it this April (yeah I was aiming there LOL). Handloads 105 Berger hvld 41.6 in hornady brass 2880fps. Pretty darn good for 17". And shoots that load right at .5". So for my ONE barrel. It's a good one!!! But I have read some negatives other people experienced. The other good thing I had with them is they quoted me like 6 weeks and I had it in 4. So that was cool

On the two barrels I've used, they have shot well and for typical hunting rifles, they are a good middle of the road choice. However, since they increased their prices, I would pay the $100 more for a top tier barrel which will have a noticeable improvement.

On the two barrels I've used, they have shot well and for typical hunting rifles, they are a good middle of the road choice. However, since they increased their prices, I would pay the $100 more for a top tier barrel which will have a noticeable improvement.
How much of an improvement is noticable under .2s for 5 shots at 100 ? It starts to be more and more about the nut on the grip when you get in the 1/4 moa range